1.    #1  
    Ok, so on the advice of Miradu, I'm looking into DAs... so far I'm pretty impressed with what there is to offer, especially NetConnectDA, which could save me from accidentally leaving myself online on the Treo.

...problem: all the DA launcher I've found (here's a quick list)require special swipes or taps of the Graffitti area. Well, I don't have that anymore (also causing me to lose mcphling ).

does anybody know of a way to launch DA's w/out a grafitti/application area?

---

(in the meantime, I'm using NetPrefs, which is just a little app that links to it.)
    Originally posted by dietrichbohn
    Well, I don't have that anymore
    Oh, the hardships we must endure...

It is an interesting dilemma that I never considered myself.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Mr Dietrichbohn!

I told you so. Why the heck ddi you choose the thumboard version of the Treo? You will not longer able to use your Graffiti swipe hacks and DA Launcher. Unless they start to make the hacks and DAs so that they work with a few button press.
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by yardie
    Mr Dietrichbohn!

I told you so. Why the heck ddi you choose the thumboard version of the Treo? You will not longer able to use your Graffiti swipe hacks and DA Launcher. Unless they start to make the hacks and DAs so that they work with a few button press.
    Well, there does seem to be a hack that can run them off buttons, (appropriately, called ButtonDAHack), but somehow I'm loathe to devote a whole button to it. My solution using netprefs works pretty well, though.

...and the thumbboard is a lot better. a lot. I much prefer it. I don't know if I would if it were not connected, but as a phone the kb is a must.
    DietrichBohn,

I think the keyboard is nice too...But Graffiti is much faster...There is no way I would be able to do 30 WPM on that thing. I have tried them both by the way..and settled for the Graffiti... AStill the keyboard version look a lot more like a phone than the Graffiti version.

Well, there does seem to be a hack that can run them off buttons, (appropriately, called ButtonDAHack), but somehow I'm loathe to devote a whole button to it. My solution using netprefs works pretty well, though.

...and the thumbboard is a lot better. a lot. I much prefer it. I don't know if I would if it were not connected, but as a phone the kb is a must.
  6.    #6  
    I think the keyboard is nice too...But Graffiti is much faster...There is no way I would be able to do 30 WPM on that thing. I have tried them both by the way..and settled for the Graffiti... AStill the keyboard version look a lot more like a phone than the Graffiti version.
    I was afraid of the same thing, but the kb is much faster for me.
    How fast can you type with the keyboard (an estimate) and how fast were you able to write with Grafitti? I remember that there was actaully a shareware program that can measure this.

I was afraid of the same thing, but the kb is much faster for me.
  8.    #8  
    How fast can you type with the keyboard (an estimate) and how fast were you able to write with Grafitti? I remember that there was actaully a shareware program that can measure this.
    When I was really flying I could scribble at something like 25-30 wpm, I'm still getting used to the kb but I can tell I'll be faster with it. the biggest difficulty is remembering to not bring the stylus to bear as I type.

...I've also found I can hold the stylus pretty well in my hand as I type, so it's not sitting in my mouth.
    EasyLaunch can launch DAs without having to devote a button to it. You can set it for a long hold to launch a DA or application.
  10.    #10  
    PowerJog is it!
    The freeware is WPM.