1.    #1  
    Hello friends.

Anyone with some good advice on where to find free games. . .preferably ones that will keep me entertained in class?

I've found a couple of free games that get boring pretty quickly. And I've found a couple of pretty good games that cost $20 to register. But, I can't find anything that's cool and free.

Thanks a ton.

-Lane
    Try:

DopeWars
    Mahjongg
    SFCave
    Palm Boulder
    Patience
    Blocks

Jason
    Did you just go near a burning hot river of lava or are you just happy to see me?
    awe try before you buy...just do a search on google.com for 'Palm Games' get some warez try em out , if you like go buy em, free games for the most part are pretty weak.
    [ trust ]
    [ DYSfunction8.com ]
    Some free games are very good. Even though I have purchased a number of games, I still keep quite a few free games. Patience, IMHO, is the best solitare game out there right now, free or shareware, period. SFCave and Dopewars are very entertaining.

Also, I forgot to mention Vexed. That is also a very good game but I don't play that one as much.
    Did you just go near a burning hot river of lava or are you just happy to see me?
    Originally posted by Crustytrusty
    get some warez try em out , if you like go buy em,
    WTF kind of advice is that?
    Mike
    I'd rather be upside down in my kayak than rightside up at my desk.
    A good site for free games and applications is "http://freewarepalm.net/". Some of the stuff is excellent, some of it is not really 'freeware', more like 'free demoware' or it has additional levels you can buy- but most of it is prefectly free.

It is a great place for small applications you will almost never need (a roman numeral converter, tip and bill dividing calculators, metronomes, etc.) but are really handy to keep tucked away.

It is also the easiest site to find the 'triviopedia'- a bunch of lists for your memo pad that cover things from the Olympic Gods to wine bottle sizes.
    Do what you can, with what you have, where you are at!
    thats my kind of advice...something wrong? I mean what are "good games" on a palm? is dopewars really a "good game"? sure i guess it was when text based games were hot...in say 90' but thats my opinion right? which I am entitled to

All I was saying was that if you wanna find some good games , but cant find any you would drop the 15$ on , then go nab warez of any ones that interest you ...try em' , test them , and if you like them, go buy them? I think thats pretty good advice...

I mean I hardly ever use demos...why? cause' that's exactly what they are 'demos'....when you play the demo you end up spending the $ thinking the full game will be better than the demo, then you realize now your 15$ went to removing a splash screen or now you can play 1 more level or something....yippe yoo! at least if you play a warez version of the full game you can really see how the game is

I dunno, It has worked for me for a good number of years now
    Last edited by Crustytrusty; 02/14/2002 at 11:09 AM.
    [ trust ]
    [ DYSfunction8.com ]
    See, I don't test drive new cars, because you test drive a car, and all you end up doing is spending money thinking when you own the car it will be better than when you test drove it! I prefer to steal cars, find out which one I like, then buy one of my own. Makes sense, right?
    Spy Hunter!
    "See, I don't test drive new cars, because you test drive a car, and all you end up doing is spending money thinking when you own the car it will be better than when you test drove it! "

interesting point.....but as far as i know when you test drive a car they don't say "ok you can test drive it...but errr. you won't get reverse or the option to park the car until you buy it"

again kudos on the rebuttle , but as you can see buying a car is hardly an analogy to shopping for some 10$ palm game
    [ trust ]
    [ DYSfunction8.com ]
    [Q

interesting point.....but as far as i know when you test drive a car they don't say "ok you can test drive it...but errr. you won't get reverse or the option to park the car until you buy it"

[/B][/QUOTE]

Sure their are limitations, you can't take it offroad, get it painted, pick up hitch-hikers, blah, blah, blah. the point is stealing is wrong, even if you're just "borrowing" it for a little while. You had to steal it to get it in the first place. Honestly - how many warez have you stolen then turned around and purchased?
    I thought that classes were for learning? Whats the point of goingt o class to play games? Do you get marks for showing up? Just curious.

Originally posted by rmlane
    Hello friends.

Anyone with some good advice on where to find free games. . .preferably ones that will keep me entertained in class?

I've found a couple of free games that get boring pretty quickly. And I've found a couple of pretty good games that cost $20 to register. But, I can't find anything that's cool and free.

Thanks a ton.

-Lane
  14.    #14  
    In your third year of law school, classes are about jumping over the last few of a great many hurdles. And to answer your question (at least indirectly), yes, I'm there because and only because attendance is required.
    hmmm how many warez have i stolen and actully bought...ok here goes

photoshop
    flash
    director
    premier
    quake3
    tonyhawk2
    afterburner
    gobar
    palmscape
    powerrun

theres tons more but that should be enough for this

.some games like serious sam , ya i DOWNLOADED it (never ripped it, wazed it, or physically stole it hehe) and youre right i wont pay 30$ for soem buggy game, but thnak god i played the ripped version first right? i pitty the fool who paid for that piece of turd ..heehe

Anyways i dont see anythign wrong with the way i do things...im tired of being a beta tester who has to pay to be a guinea pig hehe.

.....and in case you're wondering...all 4 of my machines here are running pirated versions of winxp, win98,and 2K and oh well....well one is linux so I am allowed to "steal" that hehehe
    [ trust ]
    [ DYSfunction8.com ]
    Your mom must be proud.
    Freeware for Palms

Try here, loads of good stuff.