1.    #1  
    I have looked over the Treo information on Handspring's Web site, but I have not been able to determine whethter the 270 will come in keyboard and Grafitti versions as does the 180? The pictures all show a keyboard model, but I would much prefer a Grafitti model. Does anyone have any other information?
    Originally posted by DPEvers
    I have looked over the Treo information on Handspring's Web site, but I have not been able to determine whethter the 270 will come in keyboard and Grafitti versions as does the 180? The pictures all show a keyboard model, but I would much prefer a Grafitti model. Does anyone have any other information?
    Nothing but vague thoughts in my cobweb coated mind, but I believe that the 270 will have both. Unless the 180g sells shockingly poorly, I expect they'll offer both, especially since they're aware of the fact that so many power users are waiting for color.

--edit:
    well, according to BrightHand, Hawkins was toting a prototype around at the "international PUG" meeting at PalmSource.

http://www.brighthand.com/newsite/pa...licensees.html
    Last edited by Dieter Bohn; 02/13/2002 at 08:41 AM.
    Any word on when the 270 will actually ship? I'm trying to decide if I should trade up my Visor Phone now or wait for the color edition.
    Originally posted by snackdog
    Any word on when the 270 will actually ship? I'm trying to decide if I should trade up my Visor Phone now or wait for the color edition.
    SnackDog,

Handsping has stated that it would be 2-3 month after the monocrome treo.

a couple of days ago cnet had an audio feed with a rep from Handspring and they were still saying 2-3 months.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Whenever I whine about getting a Treo now, my wife says "Remember, color, color, you want color..." I guess I can wait, plus it sounds like tacit permission to get a Treo 270 to me.
    I wonder how long it would take for Handspring to drop the prices of the Treo 180 after it's release. Same goes with the 270, as it would be hard to justify paying that much for the PDA when you know the price will go down.

Stan
    *waiting on the 270*
    Originally posted by snackdog
    bad news -- i too was waiting for the 270 to upgrade the ol' vp, i contacted hscs about it, and they replied thusly:

Thank you for contacting Handspring.

At this time, Handspring has no plans to offer a trade-in or upgrade program
    for our Treo 270 Communicator (colored screen). For information about the
    Treo 270, please continue to check our Web site, www.handspring.com, as it
    will not be available until mid 2002.

For further assistance, please contact Customer Care at 1.888.565.9393.
    hmmph.
    exit, pursued by a bear.
    Hey, don't worry about it. I'm in the same boat as you are, I'm waiting for the 270 to come out.

Handspring probably told you that as they want you to purchase their 180 right now, instead of waiting for the 270.

Things may change in the next several months and they may give the same discount now, to the 270.

Stan
    I am willing to bet that there will be no upgrade offers for the Treo 280.

Originally posted by Stanward
    Hey, don't worry about it. I'm in the same boat as you are, I'm waiting for the 270 to come out.

Handspring probably told you that as they want you to purchase their 180 right now, instead of waiting for the 270.

Things may change in the next several months and they may give the same discount now, to the 270.

Stan
    I am willing to bet there will in fact be a trade-up offer for the Treo 270. It makes so sense for Handspring not to make such an offer.
    Actually, it doesn't really matter whether there's another trade-up offer, because by the time the color Treo is available your one-year contract with your Visorphone carrier will probably have expired.

So all you'll have to do is cancel your Visorphone account and order your Treo 270 with a new one-year contract to qualify for the discounted price.

The only inconvenience will be to switch phone numbers -- and maybe you can even work something out with your carrier to keep your old number.
    Sounds like a reasonable plan. Though I'm hoping it will come out before my contract expires.
    Yeah, it's reasonable...but still a pain in the ****.

Why don't they just offer the trade-up price to those of us loyal customers who are hanging on for the color verson?
    Well, I'm thinking about get a 180 w/o service. I asked about a visorphone trade up to the 270 and wan't too encouraged by the blanket response. Might as well snag the $399 deal while I can...

"Thank you for contacting Handspring. We are unable to offer you any
    information regarding your questions for the Treo 270 at this time. Please
    check back with us closer to the Treo 270 release date as we will have more
    infromation at that time."