Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1.    #1  
    Pressing the power button twice activates the backlight but there is no option to have the backlight switched on when the cover is flipped open or when there is an incoming call.
    hmm, that's weird, when there is an incoming call my treo turns on with the backlight on.

    edit: sorry, i meant to post it into this thread
  2. #2  
    Is there any special Preferences or something?

    Cheers.
    :shortcut: my little webby
    I still love my Visor Prism
  3.    #3  
    i tried to find a way to toggle this option but couldn't so i really don't know.
  4. #4  
    I think that could be posible via software hack or similar. I have a Visor edge with Cesium installed (a clock program). When I set the alarm I have an option to leave backlight on when the alarm sounds. Based on this, I think that it's not imposible to turn the backlight when a call is received...
  5. #5  
    Originally posted by MrKaarel
    i tried to find a way to toggle this option but couldn't so i really don't know.
    MrKaarel - what do you think of the Treo so far?
  6.    #6  
    i have used treo (graffiti model) for over a month now and i've got quite used to it, but still there are some things not quite right:

    i like
    + size is absolutely acceptable for me (i used ericsson t39 before it!)
    + sync cable instead of cradle
    + perfect phonebook
    + loud ringtones and vibrating alarm
    + stilus is more convenient to hold
    + writing sms-messages (extremely popular in europe) is fast and easy
    + very good backlight
    + i don't actually use it, but built-in speakerphone is quite good

    i don't like
    - no GPRS at the moment
    - battery lasts no more than 1 day
    - the adapter of the charging cable could (and should) be more compact. i know it can be done for i have used siemens s45 :)
    - the vibrating alarm should be stronger
    - when you soft reset treo, the phone also turns off and treo doesn't even prompt you to turn it back on (i have missed quite a few calls because of it)
    - no GPRS!!!
  7. #7  
    Originally posted by MrKaarel
    + sync cable instead of cradle
    Really, why--is it just more portable?

    - battery lasts no more than 1 day
    - the vibrating alarm should be stronger
    - when you soft reset treo, the phone also turns off and treo doesn't even prompt you to turn it back on (i have missed quite a few calls because of it)
    I was afraid of all these things--the intangibles that you don't discover until you've used the phone for awhile. I had already guessed that the radio management was a little substandard, and I also fear battery life with a greatness--now I'm worried about strapping it to a belt or putting it in a coat pocket. I almost never use an actual ring, it's always vibrate. dang.
  8.    #8  
    Originally posted by dietrichbohn

    Really, why--is it just more portable?
    exactly.
  9. #9  
    I would think an integrated cradle/charger is far more convenient than a power adapter and a hot sync cable. I have a cradle at home and at work and when I get either place, I plop my Visor Prism and Phone into the cradle and it is charged at all times.

    I really wish a cradle for Treo was available.
  10.    #10  
    and one more thing i don't like at all:

    - when you use "MiddleCaps" hack (and this is the only hack that i truly need), it causes my Treo to crash every time someone calls me while i'm using Treo. if the lid is closed there is no problem; you can open it and start talking.
  11. #11  
    Originally posted by MrKaarel
    and one more thing i don't like at all:

    - when you use "MiddleCaps" hack (and this is the only hack that i truly need), it causes my Treo to crash every time someone calls me while i'm using Treo. if the lid is closed there is no problem; you can open it and start talking.
    The caps funcitonality of the keyboard is poor enough that you need to use middlecapshack! yuck!
  12.    #12  
    i'm using 180g.
  13. #13  
    Originally posted by MrKaarel
    i'm using 180g.
    mphmhmmphmhmphmhp
    <removes foot>
    Oh. d'oh!
  14. #14  
    Hi,

    I have owned my VisorPhone since May of 2001, and I think the vibrate and "loud" ringtones suck.

    I assume you have used the VisorPhone before, how much louder is the Treo's "loud" ringtones versus the Visorphones one?

    I can't believe the battery life is that short. I have a VisorPhone loaded into my Prism, and my Prism's battery never sees less than 3/4 full, since the VisorPhone sucks at battery usage.

    Thank you,

    Stan
  15. #15  
    The ringer of the Treo is MUCH louder than the mediocre ringer on the VisorPhone... I have tried them both.


    Originally posted by Stanward
    Hi,

    I have owned my VisorPhone since May of 2001, and I think the vibrate and "loud" ringtones suck.

    I assume you have used the VisorPhone before, how much louder is the Treo's "loud" ringtones versus the Visorphones one?

    I can't believe the battery life is that short. I have a VisorPhone loaded into my Prism, and my Prism's battery never sees less than 3/4 full, since the VisorPhone sucks at battery usage.

    Thank you,

    Stan

Posting Permissions