Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1.    #1  
    Treo 700 crashes: During an email down load to snapper there was a crash--stopped downloading an e mail. All contact info gone, mail would not work.

    I could use phone and the quick key phone number worked but not the other numbers stored for the contact.

    Then a couple of days later got message device full--need to delete something. Then phone stopped working and I got endless loop of Access and the off. Nothing I could do to stop save take battery out.

    How to fix. I have back up buddy that I last backed up in July and I last synced in Oct.

    I assume I have to do a hard reset. Once I do that, should I just sync with my computer as any normal sync? Will this likely restore programs, etc. Once I had a program crash and I did a restore from back up buddy on my sd card and it worked like a charm. I can't remember if I did a hard reset.

    So I would appreciate advice on how to proceed. I didn't find a thread that answered my problem. Thank you.
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by vitb9doc View Post
    Treo 700 crashes: During an email down load to snapper there was a crash--stopped downloading an e mail. All contact info gone, mail would not work.

    I could use phone and the quick key phone number worked but not the other numbers stored for the contact.

    Then a couple of days later got message device full--need to delete something. Then phone stopped working and I got endless loop of Access and the off. Nothing I could do to stop save take battery out.

    How to fix. I have back up buddy that I last backed up in July and I last synced in Oct.

    I assume I have to do a hard reset. Once I do that, should I just sync with my computer as any normal sync? Will this likely restore programs, etc. Once I had a program crash and I did a restore from back up buddy on my sd card and it worked like a charm. I can't remember if I did a hard reset.

    So I would appreciate advice on how to proceed. I didn't find a thread that answered my problem. Thank you.
    If your back up is a recent one on back up buddy, I would restore from it after you do a hard reset.

    You device should get back exactly the way it was before it crashed.

    As far a SnapperMail, your SnapperMail data base may be corrupted. If the problem continues, I would go to the Snappermail web site get the instructions as to how to correct this. I did this several time over in the past years and it works.

    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  3.    #3  
    I did hard reset, used back up buddy to restore and all seems to be working. Thanks. back up buddy is nice. I need to back up more and now perhaps I will.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by vitb9doc View Post
    I did hard reset, used back up buddy to restore and all seems to be working. Thanks. back up buddy is nice. I need to back up more and now perhaps I will.
    Glad it worked out for you. I use BackupMan and I have an auto backup set for 3 am daily. Works like a charm.

    good luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by vitb9doc View Post
    I did hard reset, used back up buddy to restore and all seems to be working. Thanks. back up buddy is nice. I need to back up more and now perhaps I will.
    vitb9doc,

    I have never used backup buddy as I use NVBackup - I backup every night automatically - check your backup buddy and see if you have a setting similiar to that - I am sure it does, but i am just guessing.

    You will sleep better at night knowing that if you ever crashed your phone you can get it back exactly the way it was and only be at most 1 day behind.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

    Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseGlider View Post
    You will sleep better at night knowing that if you ever crashed your phone you can get it back exactly the way it was and only be at most 1 day behind.
    Amen Brother
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  7.    #7  
    great suggestion. Thanks.
  8.    #8  
    As I said, I did hard reset and used back up buddy to back up back to a July back update and used it for several days, but had no recent calender items.

    Today I went to hot sync manager in tray, clicked on custom and changed memos, calender, tasks and contacts to dt overwrites and back up to do noting and hot synced. Seems to have worked. Have calendar items in treo now.

    I decided to go back to hot sync manager in the tray to change setting back to synronize and found that there must be some default that returns them to syncronize. One can learn every day if one is awake.

    I will not set my treo back up man to back up every nite at 3 am. Hopefully I dont have to do this for a while.

    Thanks to all who helped.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by vitb9doc View Post
    I decided to go back to hot sync manager in the tray to change setting back to synronize and found that there must be some default that returns them to syncronize. One can learn every day if one is awake.
    Anytime you make a change is HotSync Mgr unless you inidicated you want it to be the default, the change is a one-off situation.

    I have all of my stuff syncing however I have the Media conduit set to "do nothing" as the default since it takes so long to sync and in my case is likely to get corrupted.

    Good Luck.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover

Posting Permissions