1.    #1  
    My "Find" function started to crush recently, right after I installed and uninstalled FindHack 3.8 (I did uninstall it properly, deactivating it first in X-master), so to find the offending application, that causes crushes, I got FindIgnore Hack and nailed it right on the first application from it's list. To my surprise, it was Address Book! So now, my "Find" works, no more crushes, but unfortunately Addresses is the database, I needed to search most, I often type a phone number, I don't remember and it finds me it's owner, so does anybody know, how to make it work again? Thanks in advance.
    Originally posted by dentateck
    My "Find" function started to crush recently, right after I installed and uninstalled FindHack 3.8 (I did uninstall it properly, deactivating it first in X-master), so to find the offending application, that causes crushes, I got FindIgnore Hack and nailed it right on the first application from it's list. To my surprise, it was Address Book! So now, my "Find" works, no more crushes, but unfortunately Addresses is the database, I needed to search most, I often type a phone number, I don't remember and it finds me it's owner, so does anybody know, how to make it work again? Thanks in advance.
    After you uninstalled it, did you perform a Soft Reset? Sometimes it helps.

Otherwise, hopefully someone with more experience with Hacks can offer other advise.
    In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. JOHN 14:2
    Is it possible that a palm pdb can become corrupted so it can't be searched?

If so, and if you sync with Outlook Contacts, try deleteing all the addresses from the Palm., disable the outlook contacts conduit and hot-sync. Next up, set the outlook contacts conduit so that the desktop overrights the handheld. I assume this would completely re-create the address.pdb file and eliminate any possible corruption from the equation!?!?
  4. Di
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I had the same problem, and I posted here and to the newsgroup. The solution is: download and install FindIgnoreHack. Then go through your programs and configure which programs you want the find program to search through. Then, if it's still crashing, go through what you have remaining one by one, and you will discover which program is causing the crashes. For me, it was Diddlebug. I just configured the FindIgnoreHack to not search Diddlebug (it didn't need to, anyway), and I no longer have crash problems.

Hope this helps.
    Di
    http://loveyourmother.homestead.com
    http://www.pbase.com/di