1.    #1  
    Months ago, there were some fairly solid rumors that Blue Nomad (makers of WordSmith and Backup Buddy) were going to release their own Spreadsheet program, to compete with QuickOffice, TinySheets, and the like.

Haven't heard anything about it lately, though. And I'm starting to want an updated spreadsheet app for my Clie -- I bought Quickoffice early on, and I'd have to pay for an upgrade to a new version of QuickSheet (that supports color and the Clie's hi-res monitor).

If Blue Nomad's coming out with an entry, I would definitely like to wait until that makes it out of the starting gate. Plus, as an owner of WordSmith and BB, I figure they'll offer it a discount to me initially.

Anybody got any info on where they're at with this?
    Jeff Meyer

"And he died like he lived: with his mouth wide open."
    I am a member of the WordSmith Yahoo Group and there is talk about it there. One member says it is very near Beta release.

So, on that note, I contacted BlueNomad and asked if I could Beta Test it. They sent me an email within two days saying they would add me to the list. There definately seems to be something in the works and I am very excited about it.

I just registered QuickOffice for my Dad's CLIE 760. He needed a SpreadSheet App and could not wait. Cost was only $29.95 and he got QuickWord, QuickSheet, and QuickChart. QuickSheet seems to be pretty nice and has worked great. If BlueNomad were not coming out with something soon, I would probably get it as well. But seeing how much I love WordSmith over QuickWord I would much rather wait.

I am just going to have to have a little patience, something I do not do well.
    In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. JOHN 14:2
  3.    #3  
    Great! I will really be interested in hearing what you think of the Blue Nomad software -- particularly as you've had a chance to look over the QuickSheet software for comparison.

Originally posted by GSR13
    If BlueNomad were not coming out with something soon, I would probably get it as well. But seeing how much I love WordSmith over QuickWord I would much rather wait.
    Exactly how I feel about it. While I have some quibbles with QuickSheet (mostly in their formatting), it's minor -- overall, it's a good product, and the easiest to use of the existing Big 3 Palm spreadsheet programs (for me).

I am just going to have to have a little patience, something I do not do well.
    Me either. Thank you for taking the iniative to ask B.N.!
    Jeff Meyer

"And he died like he lived: with his mouth wide open."
    It's about time. Add a database and they'll be all set.
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
    What are the "existing Big 3 Palm spreadsheet programs?"
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Originally posted by Felipe
    What are the "existing Big 3 Palm spreadsheet programs?"
    MiniCalc, TinySheet, and QuickSheet.

Jason
    Did you just go near a burning hot river of lava or are you just happy to see me?
    Also SheetsToGo in the DocumentsToGo suite from Dataviz.
    Bret Snyder<BR>If you don't know where you're going,<BR>You'll probably end up somewhere else.
    Originally posted by Bret Snyder
    Also SheetsToGo in the DocumentsToGo suite from Dataviz.
    But is that available seperately though? The ones I mentioned are available as seperate programs. Which is really nice as I really like Wordsmith and don't want to go to a different program and I don't want to have to buy all of the Documents to Go suite just to use SheetsToGo.

I am really interested in taking a look at BlueNomad/QuikSense's spreadsheet program. If they put as much work and add as much detail in their spreadsheet program as they have WordSmith, it should be a force to contend with.

Jason
    Did you just go near a burning hot river of lava or are you just happy to see me?
    Originally posted by volcanopele

But is that available seperately though? The ones I mentioned are available as seperate programs. Which is really nice as I really like Wordsmith and don't want to go to a different program and I don't want to have to buy all of the Documents to Go suite just to use SheetsToGo.

I am really interested in taking a look at BlueNomad/QuikSense's spreadsheet program. If they put as much work and add as much detail in their spreadsheet program as they have WordSmith, it should be a force to contend with.

Jason

until march 31, u can but quick office for the price of quick sheet.

hmm.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    With the exception of (relatively) native mac support, Sheets-to-Go is horrid. It takes a very long time to refigure equations.
    -Joshua
    Are there any free ones?
    -Bernie

"One word sums up probably the responsibility of any vice president, and that one word is 'to be prepared'.
    -Dan Quayle
    There is a freeware spreadsheet called Abacus which was recently updated and renamed.

Found it! Addition4Palm

http://www.palmgear.com/software/sho...3&prodID=38973
    Originally posted by purplemd
    There is a freeware spreadsheet called Abacus which was recently updated and renamed.

Found it! Addition4Palm

http://www.palmgear.com/software/sho...3&prodID=38973
    Thank you. This is what I've been waiting for.
    -Joshua