1.    #1  
    Hello,

I would like to run PIDirect and BackupBuddy VFS on the same card. I'm using a CLIE with a big MS, but I figure the answer is the same regardless of the card media. So what I'd like to do is:

1. Use PiDirect to move things onto the card and run them there.

2. Use BackupBuddyVFS to do a full snapshot backup of my CLIE and put that on the same MS.

My question is, can I have PIDirect files and a BackupBuddyVFS backup peacefully co-exist on the same card, or is it more like just one application or another "owns" and manages the card?

Thanks for any tips!
    Originally posted by Joe Talmadge
    My question is, can I have PIDirect files and a BackupBuddyVFS backup peacefully co-exist on the same card
    Absolutely.
    I don't use PiDirect but I do use MSMount which is similar and I use BBVFS. They are both only concerned with their directory on the MS.
    Mike
    I'd rather be upside down in my kayak than rightside up at my desk.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks Mike. I actually haven't decided what MS store&run program to use, whether MSMount or PIDirect or any other solution. Have you looked at this closely enough to know advantages and disadvantages of the two versus each other? Thanks again.

Joe
    No. MSMount was free and it works. I actually use it in conjunction with LauncherIII (not free but too good to not register). I use MSMount for data and LIII for apps.
    Mike
    I'd rather be upside down in my kayak than rightside up at my desk.