1.    #1  
    from PIC
    Ms. Dubinsky also talked about the color version of the Treo, which the company plans to release later this year. She said it will use a new kind of color screen that offers good viewability both indoors and outdoors and also uses as little power as a monochrome screen.
    so does that mean OLED or what?
    Kinda sounds like it. The interesting part of that quote is that the color version won't be out until later this year. Wasn't it supposed to be out by March-April?
    It's gotta be weather balloons. It's always weather balloons. Big, fiery, exploding weather balloons.
    -- ComaVN (from Slashdot)
    Handspring has alwasy ssaid that the color version would be out mid-year which means around summer. It would be interested to see if Handspring is able to keep its promise and give us "monochrome battery life with color screen and high visibility". I am going to miss my color Prusm for the few months that I am going to keep my monochrome Treo 180g.
    How can you go from a Prism screen to a monochrome? I just can't do it. The Treo 180 is tempting to purchase, but I can't stand monochrome.

I don't know if the 270 will hamper sales of the 180, as I'm one of the many who is waiting for the 270.

Stan
    Originally posted by Stanward
    How can you go from a Prism screen to a monochrome? I just can't do it. The Treo 180 is tempting to purchase, but I can't stand monochrome.
    It's really easy. You just use it and appreciate battery life, visibility in all lighting conditions, and size.
    Last edited by dick-richardson; 02/14/2002 at 06:51 PM.
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
    Can anyone who owns the Treo 180 comment on battery life? I want to know roughly how often you use your PDA and how often you use your cell phone?

TIA,

Stan
    I went to the story on PIC, and what is up with the RED? Man, do they know how to hurt your eyes or what?
    Originally posted by flips13
    and what is up with the RED? Man, do they know how to hurt your eyes or what?
    Probably has something to do with the amount of flaming in the comments.
    I was able to play with a 270 at a conference last week. Indoors, the 270's screen isn't as bright as that of my Prism, but it's much more readable outside.

If anyone in Handspring is reading, I ask: Will the VisorPhone trade-up program apply to the 270, too?

Thanks.
    Originally posted by guterman
    I was able to play with a 270 at a conference last week. Indoors, the 270's screen isn't as bright as that of my Prism, but it's much more readable outside.

If anyone in Handspring is reading, I ask: Will the VisorPhone trade-up program apply to the 270, too?

Thanks.
    Could you tell if it was 160x160 or 320x320 or if it was 16bit color?
  11. Rob
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    Originally posted by guterman
    Which conference was that?
    160x160, I think. Couldn't tell about 16-bit.

It was the TED conference in Monterey.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    See this post I put up awhile ago when contemplating the 180 (regarding the upgrade from the VP to the 270):

http://discussion.visorcentral.com/v...threadid=21693