1.    #1  
    I have Bejeweled temporarily courtesy of Sony. I do enjoy the game but find HMaki more interesting (and free). Is it really worth the $15 for the shareware? If it were $5 I wouldn't balk at all.
    Let's put it this way. I spend so much time playing it that I wish I hadn't paid the 15.00. (I have a trial version on my ppc and don't play it nearly as much because of the delay).
    For me, YES. For you... well that depends on how much you are actually going to be playing it. I think Bejeweled will still play if you don't register, but there is a delay in the start of new games. If that delay starts driving you crazy, buy it.
    "Attitudes are contagious... Is YOURS worth catching?"
    Worth every penny My friends and i have a litle cometition with Bejewled and Reflexor
    Don't Worry It's Human Nature To Point Out The Obvious
    i had to delete the game as it was too distracting. it cost me a fortune due to procrastination. if you have nothing more important to do, register it. if you do have something important to do, DON'T!

mc
    I finally ended up buying it. My wife and I enjoyed the competition so I decided it was worth it. Actually, I spent the $30.00 and bought the PopCap Game Pack. I really enjoy all five games, but Bejeweled is definately the best and most addictive.

My wife and I go back and forth on who can get the highest score. Fortunately, I am on top of the list today.
    In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. JOHN 14:2
    As I complained in another thread, once my husband discovered Bejeweled on my Prism, I don't ever get to play it at home....however, we were at Sam's last weekend and discovered the PC version of Bejeweled and Alchemy for 9 bucks. Alchemy is much better on the PC and both are quality products. Bejeweled, however, is more fun on the Prism (I think) and doesn't take away points if you need a hint.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I bought myself an Edge several months ago (a great purchase), and decided to give my wife my old VDx. She's always been a real PDA skeptic. Never saw the use for them. I was hoping actually owning one would change her mind. If not, I'd just sell the VDx.

After a week or two, she was carrying the VDx everywhere. I figured- another visor convert. Good for her.

This was 3 months ago. Last week she comes home and says "the datebook and address programs on the visor are pretty handy. I'll have to start using them." This was a bit surprising since I thought she had been using them all along. When I asked what she had been using the visor for during the past 3 months her response was -"playing bejeweled".

She got bored in a meeting one morning, started playing, and got hooked. She even purchased the game without my knowledge.

I'd call it worth the $15.
    I agree that $15 is a bit steep. I think that most of Astraware's stuff is well made, but over-priced.

I registered the PopTop 6 pack because I thought it made more sense than $15 for just one game, and now I am debating registering 'TextTwist'.

I usually kick myself about a month after registering a game, however, when I start playing it a lot less and see another hot game I want to get!
    Do what you can, with what you have, where you are at!
  10.    #10  
    Now that would be great and save on recharging the Clie overnight! You found a copy at Sam's Club. Someone told me you could play a similar game on the web. Is this true? Does anyone have the link?

I'm going to wait until the start up is too slow to bear then register it. Considering the cost of the Clie, $15 isn't that much for an addictive game.
    Originally posted by pel in chicago
    Now that would be great and save on recharging the Clie overnight! You found a copy at Sam's Club. Someone told me you could play a similar game on the web. Is this true? Does anyone have the link?
    I think you can download it from the popcap games site. It makes you wait before playing if not registered.

The windows version is okay, but makes you give up points if you need a hint (the palm version doesn't do this, does it?)....not that i ever need a hint
    Last edited by K. Cannon; 02/01/2002 at 08:56 AM.
    You can play Bejeweled online for free. Go here.
    My sister went on and on about what a great game bejeweled was, so I finally tried it. This was last summer . . .

I introduced it to my roommate and I swear she spends a *least* an hour a day playing it on her prism. I, too, played it often until I got Scrabble for x-mas.

I am super cheap when it comes to software, using mostly freeware. However, I will spend money on choice software. I have not regretted the $15 yet and it has been a while.
    Astraware is offering free reg. version of BeJewel at PalmSource2000.
    Originally posted by sagent
    Astraware is offering free reg. version of BeJewel at PalmSource2000.
    I wonder if that is due to the power outage they had on Tuesday?

Jason
    Did you just go near a burning hot river of lava or are you just happy to see me?
  16.    #16  
    What is the web address for PalmSource2000? Also who/what is Astraware?

The online version is great - very addictive, but games seem to end unexpectedly at times when I think I have several more moves. The delay on the Clie is not too bad yet, but I can see I can't give up the game.