1.    #1  
    So, How long before Google gives us a calender, task, contact replacement for centro?
    I'd say never. You can't beat the pim apps of palmos for quickness and ease of use. One of the biggest complaints of Pre owners is the calendar with tasks a close second. Hopefully these will be improved in time for the Pixi launch.
    It would be great if you could sync calendar, contacts, tasks and memos to one location and for me it would be on my desktop like Outlook. You can't even sync all of them to Outlook anymore.

Unfortunately, I'm in the minority and it seems that most people don't care not to mention Palm or Google. Even some of my close friend don't use Task or Memos.

Many people use calendar for both events and tasks.

Regardless, I need one place to sync all and I'd rather is not be on the web.

The four components of PIMS are so critical to me that I'm considering going to Blackbery's Storm2 since it will be able to sync all to Outlook.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    how can we encourage Google to give us back EAS Google sync for the Centro???

:-(
    You can have it both ways using 3rd party software. I traded in my Centro for the Pre in June, but I was not happy with the Google calendar interface. When the 3rd party softwares came out, I tried Echo and Companionlink. I ended up buying Companionlink. I continue to use Palm Desktop and CL gives me a 3-way sync between Pre and Google and Google and Palm Desktop.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    It would be great if you could sync calendar, contacts, tasks and memos to one location and for me it would be on my desktop like Outlook. You can't even sync all of them to Outlook anymore.

Unfortunately, I'm in the minority and it seems that most people don't care not to mention Palm or Google. Even some of my close friend don't use Task or Memos.

Many people use calendar for both events and tasks.

Regardless, I need one place to sync all and I'd rather is not be on the web.

The four components of PIMS are so critical to me that I'm considering going to Blackbery's Storm2 since it will be able to sync all to Outlook.

Good Luck
    Agreed. My contract is about up and I've been taking a good look at that Storm. But, I don't think I can give up my keyboard yet. The tour is a possibility, but then again I don't think I can give up touchscreen. There's rumor of a keyboard/touchscreen device from BB next year that I'm anxious to see.

I switched from Palm Desktop to Outlook 2007 for a while to see how I'd like it in preparation for a BB. It does Sync all PIM info which is nice...including categories so switching to a BB device will be easy...if they ever make one I like.

For now, I had the TEP so I brought my Centro in and they replaced the keypad. So looks and feels like new again.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chacalau View Post
    how can we encourage Google to give us back EAS Google sync for the Centro???

:-(
    Sooooo....

I now have my Google Calendar and Contacts syncing wonderfully with my Centro, by using NuevaSync.com

And Gmail via IMAP.

I guess thats the main stuff.

Syncing Tasks and Memos would be great. I'd be surprised if its not in-the-works.