Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Check this out. At the bottom of the 'Sneak Peak' page it says, "Launcher X is the successor to Launcher III by Benc Software Productions."
    Last edited by Jupe; 01/26/2002 at 09:59 AM.
    Mike
    I'd rather be upside down in my kayak than rightside up at my desk.
    Sa-Wheat!

If Benc is embarking on a big new launcher, it really will be cool. he not only knows how to make a launcher useful--more utility and speed than any other in III--but now it looks like he's going to make it good-looking too! yee ha!
    Looks very cool. Can't wait till it comes out. Looks very much like SilverScreen. Howver, Benc has done a very good job at making Launcher III very robust and useble in many different configurations from Palm IIc users, to m505 users with an SD card, to Visor w/ Memplug users. Looking at all the new GUI, I could be very happy with this.

One addition I would like to suggest is something like the "Today" program on Palmgear. I am suggesting a gadget that would do the same thing but allows you to configure which program you use, just as long as it uses the Palm OS standard databases (Datebk4, Todo plus, Action Names).

Jason
    Did you just go near a burning hot river of lava or are you just happy to see me?
    yumm! I alwasy thought silverscreen's buttuns were too big and a waste of space, but I aalways thought launcehr III was ugly (seirously ) all I can say is YUM!

(oh and I can also add it to weekend mailbag, thanx jupe!)
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
  5.    #5  
    It looks to me like maybe Bozidar has sold LIII and this is a different entity offering LX. For instance, they're calling it "cross-grading" (from LIII), not upgrading.
    Mike
    That Homer button sounds interesting:

"Instant access to your favorite and most-used apps, featuring our Smart Select (TM) Technology, Homer makes a guess at which app you will want from analyzing your usage history."

There is a button that toggles the gadget bar. Other than the Homer Button, I don't see any other new gadgets. The Homer button actually isn't with the other gadgets, but is that analog clock-like button to the right of the time and date display is. There is a drop-down menu that has your Favs in it as well that looks VERY much like McPhling.

Very neat.
    Did you just go near a burning hot river of lava or are you just happy to see me?
    Originally posted by volcanopele
    There is a drop-down menu that has your Favs in it as well that looks VERY much like McPhling.
    Which I am ECSTACIC over, since I will lose McPhling when I switch to the Treo (no graffiti area and all)
    Originally posted by dietrichbohn

Which I am ECSTACIC over, since I will lose McPhling when I switch to the Treo (no graffiti area and all)
    However, I think this is just something you can access while in the Launcher but it will still be very neat nevertheless. It is always possible that you might be able to access the "Homer button" outside of the launcher, the low contrast images on the Launcher X page don't say but it is always possible.
  9.    #9  

However, I think this is just something you can access while in the Launcher but it will still be very neat nevertheless. It is always possible that you might be able to access the "Homer button" outside of the launcher, the low contrast images on the Launcher X page don't say but it is always possible.
    If you could launch it with the JogDial on the CLIE I would be ecstatic!
    Mike
    Originally posted by Jupe
    given the intelligent design of LIII, I am willing to bet that if it lies within Benc's power to integrate jog dial support, such support shall be integrated.
    Originally posted by Jupe

Can't you set up PowerJog to allow you to launch whatever you want?

New Clie owner!
    Honest-to-Woz, I was organizing my new Clie T615C with my (registered) LauncherIII software -- moving apps to the the Memory Stick and such with LIII -- and I started to wonder about looking around for a Hi-Res launcher that could show off the Clie to better effect. I saw the ad for LauncherX in the Clie accessories catalog, and was tempted.

And then I thought, "Nah.... it'll never be as reliable and intuitive as LauncherIII. Stick to those who have proved their merit in battle, son!"

Hee hee hee! God loves me!
    Jeff Meyer

"And he died like he lived: with his mouth wide open."
    Okay, a new image has been put up on the Launcher X website. They have blurred the greyed out area a bit. The Sharpen filter didn't even fix it. However it was sharp enough to clear up a few details. First, I point you to a clearer image of the interface, http://www.palminfocenter.com/forum/...Title=Software . Okay, the button to the right of the time/date display is a refresh button allowing you to refesh the icons with one tap. The homer button is in the bottom left corner and displays a house symbol. The gadget toggle is in the lower right corner.

Jason
    Okay, the button to the right of the time/date display is a refresh button allowing you to refesh the icons with one tap.
    There were a few niggling design things I don't like about Launcher III:

1) click the tool, then click refresh to refresh
    2) Not so much with the prettiness or the skins.
    3) Abbreviating tab names to fit more on a screen
    4) I like-a the meters for memory and battery, but I need-a the numbers

...but I use it anyway because it's the best out there.

There are also some things I don't like about silverscreen:

5) SLOW. No, I mean S.....L......O.....W
    6) Too much real estate taken up by gadgets
    7) tab interface sucks.

LIII takes care of all there.

It looks like LX takes care of them all! If SS is still the top 3rd party launcher after this, then I'll eat my springboard filler thingamabob.

4) I like-a the meters for memory and battery, but I need-a the numbers.
    If you tap on the meters, they will cycle through the numbers, M in k -> M in % -> Batt meter -> Batt in V -> Bat in % and so on for both of the meters.
    Originally posted by flips13
    If you tap on the meters, they will cycle through the numbers, M in k -> M in % -> Batt meter -> Batt in V -> Bat in % and so on for both of the meters.
    Right, I like the look and speed of the bars, but I need the number. ideally, I'd have both. LX seems to give that.

1) click the tool, then click refresh to refresh
    See, now, I like the manual refresh option with Launcher III... because refresh is a slow operation, and every other launcher app that does it automatically takes a LONG time. I prefer the option of doing it manually (or, if I'm going to do a lot of stuff at once, switching on auto-refresh.)

4) I like-a the meters for memory and battery, but I need-a the numbers
    Yeah, me too. I leave the top one set to B-graph, and the bottom to B-%, and check memory only on occasion.

It'd be nice if Launcher III registered users had a chance to beta test Launcher X...
    Jeff Meyer

Originally posted by bookrats
    See, now, I like the manual refresh option with Launcher III... because refresh is a slow operation, and every other launcher app that does it automatically takes a LONG time. I prefer the option of doing it manually (or, if I'm going to do a lot of stuff at once, switching on auto-refresh.)
    *sigh*. I need to be more eloquent, or less stupid...

I love the manual refresh. I just wish it didn't take 2 taps to do it. apparently, with LX it won't.

*sigh*. I need to be more eloquent, or less stupid...
    Nope, I see now what you meant -- I was being dim.
    I love the manual refresh. I just wish it didn't take 2 taps to do it. apparently, with LX it won't.
    Agreed -- that's a significant feature for me right there...
    Jeff Meyer

it seems everyone uses launcherIII. I have tried it and find it is pretty weak when compared to gobar and powerrun....go bar looks so nice, its very easy to use, easy to sort apps, and the option to change the desltop color to anything is pretty slick too...I found launcher to be pretty ugly and kinda messy looking and not very intuitive...any thoughts?....
    [ trust ]
    [ DYSfunction8.com ]
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast