Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Originally posted by Tonewiz2k

For a price. Mind you, a discounted price.
    That sounds likes something Satan would say. Satan at a flea-market.

-Trotsky
    Originally posted by Trotsky
    That sounds likes something Satan would say. Satan at a flea-market.
    As played by Jon Lovitz.

"Dance, Zappa! Dance!"
    Jeff Meyer

"And he died like he lived: with his mouth wide open."
    Well... I run the Soul Tent at the local Flea Market here at the NC State Fairgrounds. It's pretty good business. This weekend we are running a Soul Madness special... where you get amazing discounts on 22 selected souls. Anyone remember Luther Vandros? Would you like to have his soul as your own? I'm located right next to the Beanie Babie tent... you'll never miss me.
    Last edited by Tonewiz2k; 03/22/2002 at 02:35 PM.
    "Take me where my future's lyin', St. Elmo's Fire." - John Parr
    Well... I run the Soul Tent at the local Flea Market here at the NC State Fairgrounds. It's pretty good business. This weekend we are running a Soul Madness special... where you get amazing discounts on 22 selected souls. Anyone remember Luther Vandros? Would you like to have his soul as your own? I'm located right next to the Beanie Baby tent... you'll never miss me.
    It's really really sad when you see this kind of thing. I mean, the horrible things you see at Flea Markets nowadays . . . it boggles the mind.

Who'da thunk that you'd find beanie babies there? BEANIE BABIES! What's this world coming to?
    -Richard Powell

"Nice guys may finish last, but you know, the company's much better back here."
    This weekend we are running a Soul Madness special... where you get amazing discounts on 22 selected souls. Anyone remember Luther Vandros? Would you like to have his soul as your own?
    Wow... are you sure you're not Casey Kasem under an assumed name? 'Cause you sure sound like him!

(That or the Firesign Theater... "No, no, no! You don't understand how radio works!")
    Jeff Meyer

Looks like the Sneak Peak Page has the Shadow completely removed.

Maybe they are getting ready to release it, I certainly hope so. It looks really good.
    In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. JOHN 14:2
    Thanks for the heads-up, GSR13. It does look really good -- particularly if you're a fan of Launcher III.
    Jeff Meyer

Yea!!! I can't wait to get my hands on that LauncherX. I'm already a registered Launcher III user and I'm sure there will be big discounts on upgrading to the new LauncherX. I also just purchased a new Sony Clie T615C, and it looks like the new LauncherX goes really well with the Sony Clie's high resolution.
    I'll get it, but I would be SO happy if it integrated wireless features...
    What kind of wireless features would you like?

We'll consider all cool ideas

-W
    As said by Dietrichbohn:

my dream: integrated wireless features (signal strength, mainly, but also VM icons for those who need it)
    Considering the Bluetooth MS, Bluetooth SD, and the MBlade Bluetooth module, how could Bluetooth connectivity, to a phone or a printer for example, be integrated into a launcher? Perhaps a gadget that would alert you of any availible wireless connections as you enter the area?
    Well, all I was really thinking of was a gadget that showed you current signal strength...
    Signal strength on what device?

-W
    Signal strength on what device?
    The differen't PalmOS machines that have voice capability. Treo, Samsung's phones, Smartphones, Visorphone...
    What I'm getting at is all of these devices run OS 3.5 and if I'm not mistaken, the signal strength part of the telephoney API didn't come out to until 4.0. So I suspect everyone uses something different, Samsung for instance looks like you will have the signal strength available at all times since it's display contains off limit areas that are always on.

It's an interesting concept to do stuff like this since wireless will be the future.

-W
    so, when's Launcher X coming out again???

yeah, i wrote that ...
    Originally posted by namja
    so, when's Launcher X coming out again???
    That, sir, is the $64,000 question. I've done a lot of digging on the various newsgroups, and I can't find any indications.

I suspect registered Launcher III users, though, will be the first to be notified. (As one, I'm hoping so, anyway.)
    Jeff Meyer

The Launcher X sneak peek web page has been updated to show more details so maybe a beta will be released soon...

. . . . Brian
    It should be out in late April. The creator had some personal events that delayed work on Launcher X. I'm counting the days!
    Originally posted by gmlasam
    I'm already a registered Launcher III user and I'm sure there will be big discounts on upgrading to the new LauncherX. I also just purchased a new Sony Clie T615C, and it looks like the new LauncherX goes really well with the Sony Clie's high resolution.
    the website says that a "HUGE DISCOUNT" will be offered on launcher x to those who purchase(d) launcher 3, but will it cost someone more TOTAL to purchase both launcher 3 now and launcher x later, than to just purchase launcher x later and continue using launcher 3 without registration (moral issues aside)? the wording on the website is somewhat ambiguous. to interpret it literally, they only say that "you'll pay less for Launcher X by buying Launcher III NOW", but that makes no mention of what the total cost for both launchers will be. if i purchase 3 now for $10, but only get a $5 discount when upgrading it (which coincides with what is on the website: paying less than full price for x by upgrading), then i've still paid MORE TOTAL ($5 to be exact) than if i had waited and bought x only. i think what's printed on the website needs some clarification. willlau?

anyways, i just purchased 3 and don't know if i'll upgrade to x because i don't know if i want the performance hit of x's eye-candy (if there is even any) or pay the price premium (even with the discount). my visor deluxe performs well now with 3, and though 3 was a revolutionary improvement over the standard palm os app launcher (the whole reason i was attracted to 3), i don't see x being an equal improvement over 3. from the screenshots it seems evolutionary (tabs configurable to top or side, more gadgets, pretty graphics) where 3 was revolutionary.

after x's release and a few reviews (any yet?), i'll decide whether to stick with 3 or upgrade.

disclaimer: of course, i may be completely off on my initial judgements, but all i have to go on is pretty pictures and marketdroid speak on the website.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123