1.    #1  
    I know that switching from a pre to a 755P might sound odd but for me I think it makes good sense. I have been a palm user from way back. My first device was a handspring visor! Anyhow I have a lot of palm software and really enjoy the palm os. I used a Palm TX faithfully and before that I had the tungsten C. I tried switching to an Ipod touch but went ahead and returned it and kept using my Palm. Then the Pre came out and I just had to have it. Then the pre came out and I just had to have it. I really enjoy the phone but it tends to forget my reminders. I do like the interface but I feel that it really needs major improvements on the calendar and task applications. How about integrating tasks with the calendar? How about having a start page similar to the TX where it shows me my appointments and tasks together?

Well after doing some reading on this forum and others it appears that the 755P is prone to crashing. What is the best bet to keep it from doing so. My new phone will arrive on Wednesday and I immediately intend to install Agendus along with Agendus mail. Can anyone comment on the stability of these programs? I will be syncing the Treo with Missing sync from Markspace.

I'm just looking for some tips to make my treo experience as positive as possible.

Thanks Adam
    Last edited by imtastingstars; 10/19/2009 at 11:15 PM.
  2.    #2  
    Also what is the largest mini sd card that you can use with the 755p?

Thanks Adam
    1) Be sure you get a 1.07 Sprint firmware and HW platform B 755. Will minimize crashes perhaps to 1-2 a month. Function of the 3rd party apps you use. I enjoyed Splash ID and Shopper and miss them on my 1 week old Pre.
    2) I just went from a 755 to a Pre after waiting for minimal stabilization ie 1.2.1. While I think palm has really underfeatured PIM functions I have concluded the synergy features and web browsing shift me to the Pre. Also, am holding out hope they will address this serious problem for PROsumers.
    3) I've had Pal devices for over 10 years. I'm betting on cloud technology and willing to take the Pre usablity hits for now. I am unwilling to risk Preware with instability and release incompatibilities.
    4) I will not miss the sync cord and hotsync issues!
    5)755 will feel very bulky.

Good luck!
  4.    #4  
    Thank you for the reply JJ. So far I absolutely love my treo. I am having more fun with it that I have had with the pre. It suits me better. Agendus and Agendus Mail are running very smoothly on it as well. I just ordered a 4gb mini sd card to go with it. Can I use a larger card?

Thanks Adam
    You can get microSD cards with a mini adapter. I use an 8GB card. Some are using 16GB.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjsdfs View Post
    1) Be sure you get a 1.07 Sprint firmware and HW platform B 755. Will minimize crashes perhaps to 1-2 a month.
    Why not go with 1.08? It's the most recent version and it definitely made my device a ton more stable. I've also used a 16GB Micro-with-mini-adapter without problems. But I switched to a plain 4GB Mini since I have some pretty important documents on my card and I fear losing them with an adapter.
    I recommend 1.08 and 2nd the 3rd party comment. Some just don't get along so installing one at a time and trying the phone for a while before installing helped me. Also NVBackup is a must have. I have an automatic nightly backup that saves me from the infrequent reboot that makes the phone return to factory settings. On the 3rd party apps, my phone never liked Java nor Opera. Butler I loved but my express app would then crash.

I am considering a Pre or an HTC Hero but for what I seem, as cool as they may be, the 755p still does things I need the newer ones can't do yet, and a cheaper plan is a nice incentive. Good luck with your Treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by imtastingstars View Post
    Also what is the largest mini sd card that you can use with the 755p?

Thanks Adam
    Sandisk 8gb Micro SD with Adapter works great for me. Don't waste your money on a MiniSD card - very few devices use that platform any more.
    “Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy.” -- Lois Tulleners
    I use firmware v1.08 on all of mine. Cards up to 8GB, but you can definitely use 16GB and probably higher if you have the bucks. Amazingly stable, rarely crashes. Worst problem is the huge contacts database occasionally creating a reset because of the NVFS flush, but doesn't seem to corrupt the database.

Treo755 FTW!!!
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    We all forget the simplicity and usability of the Palm OS!!! I went from the 700 to Centro(don't care for the keyboard) to the Q9c to the Treo Pro and back to a 755p. I am now harmonious with the universe!!! You can't beat the keyboard on the 755p. Agendus is a great PIM. The the Palm OS is a legacy OS, but it works fast compared to what I have tried and considered. The Pre seems to odd. The slider, the interface is pretty, but it's not what I consider to be a necessity. Bring back the old Palm OS Treo 755x that has more memory, camera with a flash and dress up the interface. If you build it, they will come. I'm sticking with the 755p and won't upgrade until Palm upgrades the old Treo line!!
    Not sure if you folks missed it or not but there's a similar thread that you may find helpful: http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...55p-users.html
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    I had a database problem and used dbfixit from pimlico software. Works great!
    Quote Originally Posted by cvela90 View Post
    I am considering a Pre or an HTC Hero but for what I seem, as cool as they may be, the 755p still does things I need the newer ones can't do yet, and a cheaper plan is a nice incentive. Good luck with your Treo.
    I had a Treo 750 and for the past two years, a 755p. But I am considering the HERO for two things:
    1. wifi
    2. regular internet page views.

I don't care about the bells and whistles and will miss the keyboard. But I would love to have wifi on my Treo and be able to view regular web pages instead of "m" pages.

D*
    Last edited by CallDon; 11/23/2009 at 10:44 AM.
    I love the Palm PIM and desktop. Have found nothing better. Also love the 755p but having used a blackberry for work have come to value GPS on the phone and the apps that use it. B B
    I have had my 755p/VZW for nearly two years and have had only sporadic problems. It died three months after I got it (I was able to get a new one), and other than occasional problems - including a very sad tryout of Opera - it's been fine. I too am a past Handspring Visor user, and this is hands-down the best phone I've ever had (pun intended).