1.    #1  
    Here it is, a barrel-aged gripe.

WHEN THE HECK WILL PALM OR HANDSPRING DEVELOPE AN E-MAIL CONDUIT FOR THE MAC?????

I've started looking in to writing my own version of one but, good nite Irene, the version of CodeWarrior that works with Palm's CDK is like $700!! My wallet is STILL cowering in the corner.

I know, I know, there is a MultiMail conduit available from Actual Software, but I get the privilidge of paying $30 for it when Wintel users get a coduit included with Palm Desktop for free.

Furthermore, (ah, that fine rant continues after a full-bodied opening) I downloaded the demo version and all it does is get the mail that's in my email client. I want that puppy to go out on the internet and download my mail from a POP3 client into my VDX during a HotSync (I don't own a modem and don't think I want one).

So (time for that bold, agressive closing of the gripe) if someone wants to give me CodeWarrior 7 for the Mac I'll start working on a conduit.
    Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison
    Originally posted by Ahnyer Keester
    Furthermore, (ah, that fine rant continues after a full-bodied opening) I downloaded the demo version and all it does is get the mail that's in my email client. I want that puppy to go out on the internet and download my mail from a POP3 client into my VDX during a HotSync (I don't own a modem and don't think I want one).
    The multimail conduit (Wintel version, at least) can go out to the Internet and pick up e-mail direct (assuming Internet connection available).

The conduit supplied with the Palm desktop cannot do this, so it sounds as though a Mac version wouldn't solve your problem anyway.
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by nurcombe
    The multimail conduit (Wintel version, at least) can go out to the Internet and pick up e-mail direct (assuming Internet connection available).

The conduit supplied with the Palm desktop cannot do this, so it sounds as though a Mac version wouldn't solve your problem anyway.
    Yea, I wrote to Palm customer service (they now own Actual Software) and asked that very question. They haven't answered yet.

BTW, is that just the conduit or is it MultiMail pro?
    Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison
    :menu:

I was just looking at .... Handgo and I found a couple of things....

I am not sure if it will help or not but you may want to take a look.

www.handgo.com

OutlookExpress Address Conduit(Mac) by QueueSoft

http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...roductId=24721

Regards,

(`'·.¸(`'·.¸(`'·.¸ ~ ¸.·'´)¸.·'´)¸.·'´)
    «´·.¸¸¸¸¸¸¸¸,.~X~.,¸¸¸¸¸¸¸¸.·`»
    (¸.·'´(¸.·'´(¸.·'´ ~ `'·.¸)`'·.¸)`'·.¸)
    RIG | HEAT | MAIL
    <br><div align="center"><EMBED src="http://xzaver.tripod.com/Xzaver/X.swf" WIDTH=500 HEIGHT=30></div><BR></BR>
    ClieSource.com You guide to everything Clié