1.    #1  
    Ok, here are my fears for the Treo:

1. ThinkOutside won't release a keyboard for over 6 months, despite monthly claims that it's just around the corner.
    2. When they do release a keyboard, it's a Major Kludge like the Kyocera's Keyboard.

Does anyone else think that using this extra piece of hardware is a terrible precedent?? I sure do...
    Relax man! The treo's keyboard will be much better than that eyesore calle the Kyocera Keyboard. They have to make the keyboard like that because of the way the Kyocera is designed (the dial flip at the bottom). The Treo flips up at the top. So, it can be connected directly to the keyboard at the bottom without any hindrance. Go to www.thinkoutside.com and check out their products section. They have a keyboard listed there for some Motorola phones.
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by yardie
    Relax man! The treo's keyboard will be much better than that eyesore calle the Kyocera Keyboard. They have to make the keyboard like that because of the way the Kyocera is designed (the dial flip at the bottom). The Treo flips up at the top. So, it can be connected directly to the keyboard at the bottom without any hindrance. Go to www.thinkoutside.com and check out their products section. They have a keyboard listed there for some Motorola phones.
    Yeah, I know. But I just fear laziness on the part of their engineers if the Treo doesn't gain widespread acceptance. Make a keyboard, or just slap together another adapter...

I got faith, but not so much faith that I won't hang on to a deluxe and a stowaway as my portable word processor...
    I agree that the keyboard will be while in coming. ThinkOutside thinks pretty inside, IYAM. I don't think it'll have the detacheable cradle - laziness would tend toward integration in my mind.

As a side note, I've decided I will be purchasing a treo as soon as I can get coverage (either by adoption of GSM in SD or a CDMA treo release). The clincher? I misplaced my m500 last night - it would be quite nice to have the ability to call it.
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
    I help lead the HPUG meetings and got a chance to play with one of the 2 TREOs in the sate of Texas. It is awesome. Current fears about the keyboard, flash ROM and others have been put to rest in my mind. I am an avid Clie/Nokia person and I will be switching to the TREO because of the connectivity.

The keyboard is the way to go. I may wait for color as battery life is the same on both and HS is using a new technology that allows great viewing in both inside and outside lighting.

It is pricey, but always on GPRS is the immediate future of wireless connectivity.