1.    #1  
    I can't wait to check it out!
    I've seen two postings about silverscreen. Forgive my ignorance but what does it do?
    It's a replacement for the default launcher. It has some pretty nifty features like a customizable (sp?) theme and icons (and fonts for that matter). It's just a little slow in my opinion, but boy, does it look good. Here's its site.

And, if you're like me, you probably don't want to have to go to the site to see what's new in 2.4. So, I'll tell you. So the official word on updates is:

• Custom Scroll Bar options in the Theme dialog.
    • New Themes for both color and b/w devices.
    • Bug Fixes and performance tweaks throughout.

If you complain about SS's speed like I do, you'll hope that the last one means they sped it up. I think I'll try it to find out.

- Burns
    Last edited by Burns; 01/09/2002 at 04:57 PM.
    Check out my page on Visors:
    Burn's Visor page
    SilverScreen IS faster...and there's a new theme. Technically there are two, but one of them is H2O with a different name.
    Have they fixed it so that it remembers where programs are categorized when you remove and then reinsert a SpringBoard module yet? This was the reason why I stopped using it (that and they wanted to charge me for an upgrade to version 2.0 when I wasn't sure that the changes would benefit me).
    Donate Blood!!!
    Visit here to see how: America's Blood Centers
    Just installed that new Vista theme, great XP looking icons.
    My new favorite launchr is MegaLauncher. It uses skinds as well..but I especially like its archive feature. With the archive feature, your 8 MB Visor can hold up to 12 MB of programs on the unit.
    :menu:

Have you guys tried File Point ( Current Version 2.0) ?

Regards,
    ~X~
    RIG | HEAT | MAIL
    <br><div align="center"><EMBED src="http://xzaver.tripod.com/Xzaver/X.swf" WIDTH=500 HEIGHT=30></div><BR></BR>
    ClieSource.com You guide to everything Clié
    Hey Pathdoc, I just tested 2.4 out and unfortunately it still loses the categories when you pull the Memplug out. Sorry I can't give you better news .
    garinballbarin
    Originally posted by kamizuno
    Hey Pathdoc, I just tested 2.4 out and unfortunately it still loses the categories when you pull the Memplug out. Sorry I can't give you better news .

Thanks for checking! I think I'll wait until that is fixed before I try it again. (BTW, I use a combo of Screen Pref and McPhling to get the features I used/liked most in SS with a lot less memory overhead).
    Donate Blood!!!
    Visit here to see how: America's Blood Centers
    :menu:

OMG! Screw Filepoint SS2.4 Kicks A...

Regards,

(`'·.¸(`'·.¸(`'·.¸ ~ ¸.·'´)¸.·'´)¸.·'´)
    «´·.¸¸¸¸¸¸¸¸,.~X~.,¸¸¸¸¸¸¸¸.·`»
    (¸.·'´(¸.·'´(¸.·'´ ~ `'·.¸)`'·.¸)`'·.¸)
    RIG | HEAT | MAIL
    <br><div align="center"><EMBED src="http://xzaver.tripod.com/Xzaver/X.swf" WIDTH=500 HEIGHT=30></div><BR></BR>
    ClieSource.com You guide to everything Clié