1.    #1  
    I've just upgraded to a Prism and the one app that I most miss (daily!) is DiddleBug. It won't run on my Prism. I've tried. I used it constantly to jot notes, then used the extentions to quickly send them to other programs (like datebook). I also used it for reminder alarms. Now, I know I can buy BugMe and get all those features I miss, but I've already spent a fair amount on software this year and was hoping to avoid that.

Anyone know of any freeware apps that work like DiddleBug?

Thanks!

<C>
    Diddlebug works on my Prism, but you can also try DrawIt
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by dampeoples
    Diddlebug works on my Prism, but you can also try DrawIt
    Tried DrawIt. Useless as a quick note taker, in my opinion. The menu on the top gets in the way, naming screens takes too time, no alarms or integration (the things I loved about DiddleBug).

Hrm. Why doesn't DiddleBug work on my Prism? I don't have any hacks running. Anyone able to venture a guess?

<C>
    What version of Diddlebug were you using? Version 2.15 did not work with color devices (per Diddlebug's page on Palmgear) but the current version 2.50beta12 is supposed to work with color devices. It doesn't draw in color (again per the web page).
    Donate Blood!!!
    Visit here to see how: America's Blood Centers
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by Pathdoc
    What version of Diddlebug were you using?

2.50beta12 is supposed to work with color devices. It doesn't draw in color (again per the web page).
    I was using 2.15. I didn't know there was a higher version. The developer' web site has disappeared. Thanks for the link! From the Readme, this one should work!

<C>
    Another one you can try is Note v2.1 from Maxilaris.

Note v2.1
    Although DiddleBug (a favorite program of mine) worked on MY Prism, I 'upgraded' to BugMe!

I did not register it right away (I am trying ot cut down on registering, then ignoring programs), but it quickly won me over.

It is beautiful on my Prism, works a lot like DiddleBug did, and has a few bells and whistles that make the registration cost worthwhile.

It is reviewed in the reviews section as well!
    (Sigh. Sorry- I forgot about the 'freeware' requirement between seeing your note and posting mine!)

You can check out TealPoint.com as well. TealPaint may work for you, and I thought I saw another program there that might work as well. They are not freeware, but the demos are usually unlimited with just a nag screen.

What I was GOING to say in my previous post, before the thought ran away from me, was that paying a fair price for an application that a.) you use daily, b.) really helps simplify or organize your life, c.) works well, and d.) manages to do this and be pretty cool at the same time is probably worth registering-

What *I* need to cut back on is registering semi-useful utilities that I can already do with another program and (of course) games.
    Originally posted by Creideiki
    Originally posted by Pathdoc
    What version of Diddlebug were you using? Version 2.15 did not work with color devices (per Diddlebug's page on Palmgear) but the current version 2.50beta12 is supposed to work with color devices. It doesn't draw in color (again per the web page).
    I was using 2.15. I didn't know there was a higher version. The developer' web site has disappeared. Thanks for the link! From the Readme, this one should work!
    I didn't know either. Thanks Pathdoc. I'll try it on my Clie 760C.

yeah, i wrote that ...
    Originally posted by sagent
    Another one you can try is Note v2.1 from Maxilaris.

Note v2.1
    For awhile I was trying to decide between Note and BugMe....when Maxilaris dropped the price to $9.95...I was sold!

I also have DiddleBug...can't wait til it is truly a color app rather than color compatible
    I tried maxilaris note 3.0 on the clie t615c. The drawing is nowhere near the stylus tip. I tried re-digitizing but it didn't help. Any suggestions or additional alternatives to diddlebug. I used diddlebug often enough to designate it my 'note' button on my vdx.
    'Make everything as simple as possible but not simpler'--Albert Einstein