1.    #1  
    For nearly everything I find that the address book is pretty good for what I need to do with it. However there's one feature that's lacking and I'm curious if anyone has run across a replacement book that has it.

Add New Contact from Same Company

I got really used to this in Outlook, and when keeping track of people in various companies, it'd be nice to copy all the basic junk like the company name and addresses and just enter the name and phone number. Currently I usually end up writing it down in Diddlebug on the run, Pick and Flicking to address book and pasting, and then going to the other company guy and field by field copying over what I need. It's faster than typing it out, but only barely.

Has anyone seen this?

Thanks.

Regards,
    Remillard
    With the built in Address Book, you can pull up a contact to use as a template, then use the File menu or :menu:T to duplicate the contact and edit the changes you need.

This same process can be used in Iambic ActionNames Datebook, except the :menu:2 is used.
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by flips13
    With the built in Address Book, you can pull up a contact to use as a template, then use the File menu or :menu:T to duplicate the contact and edit the changes you need.
    Unfortunately, I can't get this to work. I have a Visor Deluxe and I've tried using :menu:T in all the screens I can think of (list, address, and edit) and it doesn't seem to work. There's also no File menu per se. There's a Record menu in all three screens, but that's it. Is there someplace in particular you have to execute this, or is it perhaps in a much later Visor (the Edge, Pro, or Neo) perhaps?

Regards,
    Remillard
    Originally posted by Remillard

Unfortunately, I can't get this to work. I have a Visor Deluxe and I've tried using :menu:T in all the screens I can think of (list, address, and edit) and it doesn't seem to work. There's also no File menu per se. There's a Record menu in all three screens, but that's it. Is there someplace in particular you have to execute this, or is it perhaps in a much later Visor (the Edge, Pro, or Neo) perhaps?

Regards,
    Remillard
    I am using a VPL, so YMMV
    I should have been more clear; if you select an address from the main screen, you will go to the Address View. From there, you can select Address View > Duplicate Address :menu:T.
  5.    #5  
    After a triple check, I'm forced to conclude that it must be something in the newer versions of the onboard address book. I"ll have to check out ActionNames and see if that's something I want to pay for.

Thanks
    After a triple check, I'm forced to conclude that it must be something in the newer versions of the onboard address book. I"ll have to check out ActionNames and see if that's something I want to pay for.

Thanks
    My version of the built in Address is v. 3.5 if you want to compare.

I won ActionNames from the VisorAdventure last year and love it. $20 from Iambic.com
    I'm forced to conclude that it must be something in the newer versions of the onboard address book.
    The Address Book on the Deluxe (OS 3.1) does not have the Duplicate feature as does the version in OS 3.5.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    I use the freeware application called SuperDuper to duplicate address book entries.

After the duplicate is made, the new entry can be found, somehow, at the top of the address list.

I don't know how that happens, but after you make any changes, it goes to it's proper place in line. Very mysterious...
    Originally posted by Rolando
    I use the freeware application called SuperDuper to duplicate address book entries.

After the duplicate is made, the new entry can be found, somehow, at the top of the address list.

I don't know how that happens, but after you make any changes, it goes to it's proper place in line. Very mysterious...
    My guess is, it probably throws a hidden character in the first line to force it to the top. Once you make the change, it falls into alphabetical order.
    In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. JOHN 14:2
    You might look at Address Plus - it has a "duplicate" button and a host of other features (including being able to edit multiple entries with it's AME companion product).