1.    #1  
    I have a Sprint 650. I use a variety of backup programs (NV Backup, BackUpBuddy, BackUpMan). If I were to buy a 755p (Sprint) could I just copy my SD card to a mini SD card and then do a restore all onto my 755 to get everything working from my 650 onto my 755? I don't have the originals for all my programs (and I haven't synched with my PC in a long time). I'm trying to figure out the easiest way I could just get everything set up on the 755 the same as it was on the 650. The reason I would upgrade at all is because SMS/text messages keep resetting my 650 and my 650 keeps freezing so I was hoping the bigger memory and all of the 755 would help (but the Pre seems to not be able to handle all the old 650 stuff).

Hoping to buy a used 755 tomorrow so a quick reply would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    If I remember correctly, some of the apps didn't work on the conversation between the 650 and 755p and I had to download updated versions. However, it was so long ago that I could be thinking of a different transition period. Best of luck!
    J.
    Palm, Palm III, Palm Vx, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Treo 755p, and Palm Pixi
  3.    #3  
    Thanks. I'm not sure that is exactly what I'm trying to determine. I'm trying to find out if I can just do a full restore using one of my backups that I had from my 650 to restore entirely on a 755 or if that will not work (or will cause trouble).
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    If the instability is a software issue, and you just restore your 650 on the 755, you may have the same problems. Also, like quinn said, there are some programs that are not compatible. It is always best to do a clean install on a new/different device. But, you could try a restore from backup and see what happens. Second best would be a hotsync to computer and then a sync with the new device. Palm Desktop will determine if there are incompatible programs.
    I think you''ll likely run into trouble. If you restore from third party backup apps they will likely overwrite the Saved and Unsaved Preferences files. In addition to containing app specific data (including registration keys), these files also store data that is specific to the hard/firmware.

If you restore, I think these files will get overwritten with data specific to the 650.