1.    #1  
    Hey everyone,
    Thought you might be interested in a new Launcher on PalmGear. The GUI looks very interesting and different from the mainstream (in my opinion). When reading the description I gather the app is still in early stage of development, but could be the start of something great. I haven't installed it on my prism yet. I'll probably will in the next couple of days or so. Right now I'm running a test with my and my wife's prism. Her's has the memplug adaptor in it and mine's is empty. after a day or 2 (with neither of them being used) I will turn them on and see the difference that the memplug drain from my wife's visor as opposed to mines. I'll post the results of that as well.

If anyone tries the Glauncher before I do let us know what you think. the url is GLauncher
    Great Success always comes at the Risk of Great Failure.
    Loaded it on my Prism and it would not launch.
    Originally posted by gadgetguru
    would not launch.
    Same problem on a Platinum... I emailed the developer about the problem (which I thought was a color issue but I see that's not the case).
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    I don't see how this is necessary. All you need to do is create a folder or category in your favorite launcher and put your most used programs in it that would fit on one screen and you have the functionality of this program. Doesn't really impress me that much.
    Did you just go near a burning hot river of lava or are you just happy to see me?
  5.    #5  
    Hey volcanopele,
    Since I have become a member of this forum I have always been eager to hear your opinions. You've actually helped me a couple of times. But this time I have to disagree with you. No one mentioned anything about functionality. I just saw a new app out there and I myself, well I get excited about these things and wanted to share it with my friends. I never stated and don't state now that Glauncher is a very functional app. I just saw a little bit of eye candy.... for free. My all time favorite launchers are still Silver Screen and Launcher III.

Thanks MarkEagle & gadgetguru for letting us know we would have been wasting our time with this app. Just out of curiosity, what made you try out the app? Something new, Neat GUI, Free, all of the above? I'm just curious if people try out new apps for the same reasons I do. Thanks.
    Originally posted by In Living Color
    Hey volcanopele,
    Since I have become a member of this forum I have always been eager to hear your opinions. You've actually helped me a couple of times. But this time I have to disagree with you. No one mentioned anything about functionality. I just saw a new app out there and I myself, well I get excited about these things and wanted to share it with my friends. I never stated and don't state now that Glauncher is a very functional app. I just saw a little bit of eye candy.... for free. My all time favorite launchers are still Silver Screen and Launcher III.

Thanks MarkEagle & gadgetguru for letting us know we would have been wasting our time with this app. Just out of curiosity, what made you try out the app? Something new, Neat GUI, Free, all of the above? I'm just curious if people try out new apps for the same reasons I do. Thanks.
    I was just saying that I didn't see the purpose of the program though I am sure some may find use for it. I thank you for bringing it up, lately I have been behind on what new programs are out there and I am glad some people bring up new programs I have come to a stage in my "PDA product cycle" where very few new programs get on my VPL, it essentially has to be unbelieveable spectacular. However, sometimes what was at first glance an unspectacular program ay turn out to be a great and very useful program and only the detailed discussions on this list bring it out. However, on this particular program I just think there is another way of performing its functionality without using up a hard button and the memory.
    Your mileage may vary. This might be good for people who still are sad that many of the great launchers are shareware now and who really need to get to often used programs in two clicks.
    Did you just go near a burning hot river of lava or are you just happy to see me?
  7.    #7  
    You've made your point and I understand what you are saying... I got another question though. I've been staring out you new avatar for about 5 minutes straight trying to figure out what's going on in it. I see an the man with the pic... did he get shot or did something blow up on him. I see a couple of other people in the background also but I can't tell what they are doing... looks like running This also looks like it could have been taken from live video, Am i right?
    Just out of curiosity, what made you try out the app? Something new, Neat GUI, Free, all of the above? I'm just curious if people try out new apps for the same reasons I do. Thanks.
    I just like trying out new software.
    Originally posted by In Living Color
    You've made your point and I understand what you are saying... I got another question though. I've been staring out you new avatar for about 5 minutes straight trying to figure out what's going on in it. I see an the man with the pic... did he get shot or did something blow up on him. I see a couple of other people in the background also but I can't tell what they are doing... looks like running This also looks like it could have been taken from live video, Am i right?
    This has to my best avatar ever. It is from Age of Empires II. The man is a stone miner from an enemy civilization. The people in the background are champions (I think) from that same enemy civilization. He does die in the avatar, killed by a cannonball fired by one of my elite cannon gallons. The body in the upper left in the avatar (used as a tie point) is from an allied Frank civilization.

I was trying to find a monk but I couldn't find one that I hit with a cannonball. All of them were killed, in this game at least and close to a chapter point, but a rush of paladins and hand cannoneers.

I created the avatar by creating 12 screenshots before, during, and after the stone miner's death. Then I cut out 12 frames, 100x100 pixels, using Photoshop. Then I used Animation Shop 3 to create the animated gif.
  10.    #10  
    That's pretty good. I used photoshop for my avatar too. No where as involved as yours where. I just had to duplicate my photo several times and keep placing it in the visor screen area. I used a little bit of transparency. Serioulsy though, Im pretty impressed. and those words don't come out of my mouth easily. We may have to get together and show off our work to one another