1.    #1  
    I've been using Mundu for a long time on my Centro. Until recently I've been very pleased with the product. On Sept 1st I started having connectivity problems to Yahoo with Mundu. This is not an isolated problem. It affects all Mundu customers on the Palm OS. I notified Mundu support of the problem and was told a fix would be ready the next week. At the end of the next week I notified Mundu support again since I hadn't heard back from them. I received a similiar response back. A new build would be ready the next week. Well, next week the same thing. I'm not sure what's going on because just about every other smart phone IM app is working fine with Yahoo (Palm OS, BB, iphone, etc...). In the mean time I've switched to using Chatopus with Nimbuzz.

The reason I'm posting this is to warn people about the lack of support from Mundu. Although I'm a Palm OS user, Mundu creates applications for a variety of OS's. You might want to think twice before purchasing their products.

I'll keep this post updated as the status changes.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    I find these guys are pretty responsive for the most part - too bad protocol changes and such break their app so often. While you wait you can also try the Free WebMessenger. It has only failed me once and it was because my account was deleted due to inactivity (while I used Mundu). I now make it a point to log into each of the apps at random to make sure nobody erases me again.

I do look forward to any updates you hear though. I've grown tired of the Yahoo Admin messages and now the inability to use Yahoo at all. Thanks for sharing.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the reply. I'll try WebMessenger. I hope it's improved since the last time I tried it.
    Last edited by peterlemonjello; 09/29/2009 at 08:12 PM.
    Yeah. I had sent them emails and all they could tell me is that they are working on it.
  5.    #5  
    What's interesting is that AIM quit working and they had version 4.2 out shortly after the problem. I wonder what the issue is with Yahoo. Also, as the weeks have gone on the Yahoo problem has gotten progressively worse. At first I was just receiving the old client error. Now it's rare if I can stay connected to Yahoo. Every time I change my status or attempt to send an im I get the service disconnected error.

I tried WebMessenger and noticed immediately it still has problems receiving im's while running in the background. I had several im's disappear.

In the meantime I'll stick with Chatopus connected to Nimbuzz. It's been nice having FaceBook chat since switching. The only downside to Chatopus is it drains my battery faster than Mundu.
    Any chance that Chatopus is still being worked on by the developer for enhancements?
  7.    #7  
    Yep, most recent release was in August which was version 2.5 and 2.51. This version added Nimbuzz support along with a few other things. I've been using the Nimbuzz server for my AIM, Yahoo, MSN, Jabber, Gtalk, and Facebook chatting on my Centro via Chatopus.
  8.    #8  
    Update: Still waiting for a fix. I sent another email to Mundu support today.
    I sent one too, just now.
    peterlemonjello, I received an email today from mundu support with the new version. I hope you got yours.
  11.    #11  
    Yep, got mine and it's working great. Too bad it took so long.

Build number is 4.2.0p 13598
  12.    #12  
    FYI,

Since I created a free Nimbuzz account when I was using Chatopus I decided to try and connect to it using Mundu. It worked! Now I can connect to MSN, Yahoo, GTalk, AIM, Facebook, Myspace, ICQ, studiVZ/meinVZ, schulerVZ, Gadu-Gadu, Hyves, Jabber, and Giovani by using a jabber connection to my Nimbuzz account.

I don't know what several of those im services are but it's nice to Facebook chat on my Centro now. Chck it out at nimbuzz.com
    If you left your IM running in the background, you might find useful this numbers. (Sorry for autoquoting me)

i did some testing of power consumption of the various IM alternatives.

CC lite ----- 36 mA
    Chatopus-Gizmo ----- 110mA
    Mundu ----- 32mA
    IM+ ----- 57 mA
    Webmessenger ----- 17mA

using PowerHero on my Treo680, they were tested while connected to the network and sitting in the background. No messages were received while testing nor alarm, nothing that could wake up the Treo from sleep state.