1.    #1  
    I'm not affiliated with anything having to do with Lord of the Rings, but I thought I'd let people know about a free interactive download (ad) for the new movie. It runs on PalmOS or PowerPC and seems to be a map with points of interest that show more details.

Download it here
    Jeff
    My opinion, it's kind of a cheezy app. small little map of the shire and areas a little west and south of it. click on a few places to find out a little bit of info on places, races and stuff.

played with it for about 2 minutes and dumped it.

But, I suppose if you've never read or heard of LoTR, it might capture your interest for a little bit longer.
    -----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
    Version: 3.12
    GS d-(+) s: a C++ UX++++V++S++ P+>+++ L>+++ E+>++ W++ N++(+++) o? K? w !O !M V-- PS PE Y+ PGP++ t++ 5++ X++ R+ tv++ b++(+++) DI++++ D+ G++ e+++>++++ h--- r+++ y?
    -----END GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
    Whats sad is after seeing teh Avantgo Ad talkign abotu the movie and download I went and saw the movie... *sigh*
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    you didn't like the movie miradu?

I thought it was pretty good. Anybody who's read the books will have nits to pick, but overall, I thought the movie was reasonably faithful to the book and was well done. I'm looking forward to the other movies.
    -----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
    Version: 3.12
    GS d-(+) s: a C++ UX++++V++S++ P+>+++ L>+++ E+>++ W++ N++(+++) o? K? w !O !M V-- PS PE Y+ PGP++ t++ 5++ X++ R+ tv++ b++(+++) DI++++ D+ G++ e+++>++++ h--- r+++ y?
    -----END GEEK CODE BLOCK-----