View Poll Results: Are you going to purchase it?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 33.33%
  • No

2 16.67%
  • Maybe

2 16.67%
  • I don't use PalmReader

4 33.33%
  1.    #1  
    There is a new PalmReader version available:
    http://www.peanutpress.com/reader.cgi/proreader
    Palm Reader Pro for Palm OSŪ now includes the Webster's New World(tm) Vest Pocket Dictionary and the ability to utilize any Palm standard bitmapped font. In addition, Palm Reader Pro includes sub-pixel font smoothing technology on color handhelds to provide you with the best possible reading experience. You can have the best Palm OS(tm) eBook reader with all of these new features for only $9.95. Download your copy now.

I asked, and font-smoothing is a Pro-only feature for now. The FREE reader will remain available, just with fewer features than the PRO version.
    "Attitudes are contagious... Is YOURS worth catching?"
  2.    #2  
    I forgot to add the answer to the other question I asked...

"It is not possible to get a Pro Reader without the dictionary -- the Vest Pocket dictionary is an enticement to purchase the Palm Reader Pro."
    2 things

1st I need more information about Palm reader pro. What is so different between the versions? Does it benefit visor deluxe and handera users? What is so different between this version and 1.1.2??

2nd I love the maximum defiant web site. I wonder how its doing?
    I read a post somewhere..I think at PalmInfoCenter....Two people bought it allready and say the $19.95 with the fonts is not worth it. (thats what they bought.) But if you ude PalmReader Already get the PRO.

Well for me as i always do, I let others be the guinea pig ad wait for the to see. But for $9.99 i think it would be an improvement if you have color.

I might get it....well i will wait a week to see,,...
    Hey baby before we start do you mind if we use my M505?
    No not for that!!!!!!!!!!
    Use it to reffer to PalmaSutra, silly???????
    I bought it with the fonts, and it is not worth the $20 for the extra 3 (12 in all, 4 different sizes of the 3) fonts. However, the hi-res and color is worth the $10.
    Also, here is a screenshot of what the color scheme and font I've chosen looks like.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  7.    #7  
    Originally posted by Alslayer
    2 things

1st I need more information about Palm reader pro. What is so different between the versions? Does it benefit visor deluxe and handera users? What is so different between this version and 1.1.2??

2nd I love the maximum defiant web site. I wonder how its doing?
    This is the response I got:
    "There's a full page of description of the Palm Reader Pro at
    <http://www.peanutpress.com/reader.cgi>.

The support for fonts other than small and large, and support for the dictionaries would be the major features that would benefit monochrome handheld users."

I just checked the Maximum Defiant site, and looks like it still going strong. I had actually forgotten where I pulled the picture from - it was back when I first started using the web, and I wasn't smart enough to use bookmarks then.