1.    #1  
    SplashData has come out with SplashShopper that is really nice.
    I used HS2 for a while. I like SplashShopper better because it
    is in color, nice icons, easy to use. They say a desktop version is
    coming out in early January. I don't work for them, just like their
    programs. $9.95 promo going on. After that I think it goes to
    $19.95.

Rick
    I think SplashShopper looks good too! Can't beat the price of Handyshopper (free) but the new app from Splash Data will get my registration $. The work on all of their programs has been very nice.
    I agree. SplashData is one of the best Palm OS developers out there. And there customer service is rivalled only by Kopsis and Bluenomad.
    Does SplashShopper have any import utility? I have lots of lists on handyshopper, but I'm thinking about trying Splash because of the desktop companion. Thanks,
    I used HandyShopper for a month, but downloaded SplashShopper and registered it after a week. I also have the Splash Suite registered so you can tell I'm really happy with their products. And if I ever need tech support, it's a LOCAL telephone call! *laugh*

Dana
    Hi folks,

I also tested the SplashShopper(SP) and also think that it is very nice. I use all other software from the Splashguys and like what I have. I think that HS is more flexible and has more tricky functions. In my opinion it seems to me that SplashData saw the success of HS and tries to make money with a (almost) similar tool. In regard that HS is freeware, SP is more than expensive. I keep using my beloved HS and have to submit that Chris Antos created a wellworking and very useful HS.
    Also note that some other software, as there is "Pocket Cook 4" can export via the notes shoppinglists to HS. A desktop companion is also available even it is somehow awkward.

You should send the money to Chris Antos and keep on working with HS!

The Edge
    I sent them an email asking if there was any plan to support the CSM150 scanner spring board. - Yes I know the springboard is dead, but I can dream can't I!

If they support this - I'm there! Otherwise I'll just stick with my HandBase database.
    "If you would not be forgotten, as soon as you are dead and rotten, either write things worth reading, or do things worth the writing." Benjamin Franklin
    Originally posted by bregent
    Does SplashShopper have any import utility? I have lots of lists on handyshopper, but I'm thinking about trying Splash because of the desktop companion. Thanks,
    HS2 has a utility to allow you to open and edit HS2 pdb's on the desktop. No conduit, just the desktop utility. See the Yahoo Handyshopper User's Group.
    Mike
    I'd rather be upside down in my kayak than rightside up at my desk.
    Originally posted by bregent
    Well, to answer my own question, I contacted SplashData and was informed that SplashShopper does not have an import utility on the handheld. However, an import utility is planned for the desktop companion. It will not be available in the first release of the desktop but should be available shortly thereafter.

I'm a big fan of HandyShopper. I've been using it for years and have recommended it to dozens of people that I've met while using it at the supermarket.

But at this point, I really need a desktop companion that will sync to the handheld. The way that desktop shopper currently integrates with HS is just too kludgy for me. I wish Chris continued success with one of the greatest apps ever written for the Palm.
    I use an app called MyShopList. It's perfect for what I need which is a list that I can use when I to the grocery store. It's a bonus that I can listen to my MiniJam while I shop. It's free too.
    Do any of these shop list tools allow for price comparison?
    I mean, say once i shop around afew different stores on my normal rounds, I can later look up a product (ie "milk: 1 gal, or even CF card 64meg) and it will tell me the cheapest place? I shop several different grocery stores and being on a budget and with a terrible memory, Id like to find an easy way to keep track of the better deals...

thanks

Matt
    Handyshopper provides for price comparison. Handyshopper is easily one of top 5 PalmOS apps ever and it's FREE! I might take a look at SplashShopper but I'm cheap and it's not free. Anyway, HS2 works for me.
    Mike
    I'd rather be upside down in my kayak than rightside up at my desk.