1.    #1  
    Is there a way to beam an item in Datebook between PDAs?

Thanks
    wxguy
    I have not been able to beam a datebook appointment from a VDx, with version 3.0, but I know a friend with a Palm xxx with a later version of DateBook+ that can. My only work around was to copy the appointment to memo and beam from there.
    I think you've got it backwards. The regular datebook can beam appointments. A Visor's Datebook+ cannot.

Visor users who are using Datebook+ must switch over to the vanilla datebook, beam, and then return to Datebook+.
    Originally posted by mgflorez
    I have not been able to beam a datebook appointment from a VDx, with version 3.0, but I know a friend with a Palm xxx with a later version of DateBook+ that can. My only work around was to copy the appointment to memo and beam from there.
    Rather than a later version of DateBook+, it's possible that your friend had the full-fledged DateBk4, which I know supports beaming of appointments. This feature may have been present in DateBk3 as well, but as I've never used it, I'm not sure. (FYI: DateBook+ is a stripped down version of DateBk3). More information on DateBk3 and DateBk4 can be found at www.pimlicosoftware.com .
    I think you've got it backwards. The regular datebook can beam appointments. A Visor's Datebook+ cannot.

Never considered going back, but you are right, DateBook allows beaming. DateBook+ forgot this option.

Thanks.
    Originally posted by mgflorez

Never considered going back, but you are right, DateBook allows beaming. DateBook+ forgot this option.

Thanks.
    Datebook+ is based on CESD's Datebk3, which also did not allow beaming. So neither does Datebook+. There are two ways to get around this. First, you can use the regular DAtebook to beam event. Just remember to use Datebook+ first after syncing. Second, you can get Datebk3 or Datebk4. The latest version of Datebk3, 3.1, now allows beaming. Datebk4 is larger (around 500-600 KB) but hsa some very nice features. This program also allows beaming. Both programs also have categories for appointments (like your address book and To Do list) and icons for appointments which makes your graphic weekly view and monthly view easier to interpret. There is also DateMan and Action Names. Both are okay but other may have had better experience with those. They should allow beaming as well.
    Did you just go near a burning hot river of lava or are you just happy to see me?