Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1.    #1  
    Does anyone have any good info on when the Treo will ship in Jan? (Anything besides early 2002)

    I'm looking forward to buying one of these...curious if anyone has heard of a definite date.

    Thanks.
  2. #2  
    No substantial info, just an educated guess based on last December's announcements: take a look at Handspring's site this Sunday evening.
  3. #3  
    Originally posted by fredflintstone
    Does anyone have any good info on when the Treo will ship in Jan? (Anything besides early 2002)

    I'm looking forward to buying one of these...curious if anyone has heard of a definite date.

    Thanks.
    I hope it comes out soon, not because I want one, but because I want a color one and Hnadspring says 3-4 months after the b\w comes out the color comes out.

    Saving my pennies.

    Might have to sell a lung.

    :-)
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 01/08/2009 at 02:40 PM.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  4.    #4  
    Does anyone think it will be the first week in Jan?
  5. BNelson's Avatar
    Posts
    67 Posts
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    #5  
    I have no links to back this up, but I swore I read that Hawkins stated to the media at Comdex that the first Treos "could" ship by the end of December.

    We're not past December quite yet, and I'm betting we'll see them much sooner than later.

    It's time they back up the hype with product.
  6. #6  
    Originally posted by BNelson
    I have no links to back this up, but I swore I read that Hawkins stated to the media at Comdex that the first Treos "could" ship by the end of December.
    It's in the video. he did a playful "Gee, I dunno when the ship date is. Is it December? Is it January? We're not sure, but I'm a visionary and above such things" during the bull session. It should be soon, especially since they've sent them out to mainstream media reviewers... I've got my money on a new year's eve/New year's day announcement/release.

    yep yep yup.
  7. #7  
    yeah, but I don't think you'll be spending your money on this one d.
    Keeping the fingers crossed...
  8. #8  
    Originally posted by lctaynton
    yeah, but I don't think you'll be spending your money on this one d.
    Keeping the fingers crossed...
    yeah, it's looking grim, isn't it.. but I gave myself until midnight tomorrow....
  9. #9  
    I think that the Treo will be released on Sunday Night/Monday morning (January 6th or 7th) at the absolute latest (January 13th/14th).
  10.    #10  
    The Consumer Electronics Show starts Mon, Jan 7th. I imagine HandSpring might release it then to get the most bump out of the rollout.
  11. #11  
    the pogue article in the nyt today says that the treo will be on sale on jan 14.

    -lou
  12. #12  
    Originally posted by LouisW
    the pogue article in the nyt today says that the treo will be on sale on jan 14.

    -lou
    link? nevermind, got it

    Salient parts:
    In thoughtfulness of design, Handspring's new Treo, which will go on sale on Jan. 14, is the V200's polar opposite. At 4.3 inches high by 2.7 inches wide by 0.7 inches thick, it looks like a Motorola StarTac phone that put on some weight over the holidays.
    ...
    Opening the flip lid, which glides open like a Lexus car door,
    ...
    And battery life is at the low end for cellphones, conking out abruptly after two and a half hours of talking.
    Hell, I've got my money on Jan 14th! Thanks, Lou!

Posting Permissions