1.    #1  
    I had to install the Palm desktop on a Vista machine due to the death of my XP computer. It looks like everything synced from my Centro except there are no color codes for the calendar categories. In keeping track of 4 busy people, this has been a huge reason why I liked the Centro. Is there a setting I need to change to get this function back?
    Are you using Datebk5/6? If so, the events should still have categories associated with them, but the Datebk preferences file that keeps the category colors has been wiped out, so to reassociate, go to Options -> Appt. Categories, tap the 'P' next to the category, and tap the Font button.
    If you're using the standard PIM calendar, you may need to do the same thing by going into the Details for an event, tap Cetegory, then Edit Categories to change the color for that category.
    I'm assuming you're referring to the Access Desktop interface. They removed color category support in the version that came with the Centro. They should still show up in color on your Centro, but the 6.2.2 desktop removed a lot of long-term features that the Desktop used to have. Unfortunately, it's a symptom of being at the tail end of an OS support cycle. PalmOS is on hospice at the moment.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  5.    #5  
    Yes, it's the Access Desktop and appears to be one of those wonderful "it's not a bug, it's a feature" situations. Guess I'll see if I can find the disk that came with my old Zire 31 and see if that works with Vista.

PalmOS is on hospice at the moment.
    Hoping my Centro will have a greater life expectancy than previous phones since it's pushing 2 years. There are many features on this that have become essential and I do not relish the agony of researching a new phone to do everything I now can not live without (like the color-coded calendar).
    Last edited by Just Lee; 09/18/2009 at 11:29 PM. Reason: correct coding
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Lee View Post
    PalmOS is on hospice at the moment.
    Hoping my Centro will have a greater life expectancy than previous phones since it's pushing 2 years. There are many features on this that have become essential and I do not relish the agony of researching a new phone to do everything I now can not live without (like the color-coded calendar).
    Well, I've only had mine for about 6 months, but it seems a fairly rugged little phone. Your biggest likelihood of failure is your battery since when you hit 2 years, you'll probably see shorter charge cycles. A new battery is probably going to be easy to find, though, at least for a little while. You may also want to keep an eye on deals on eBay for a backup. That's how I got my Centro (to replace a well-worn Treo 680). I'm on AT&T, so waiting for the Sprint users to guinea pig WebOS and for a GSM phone.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...