1.    #1  
    I asked this question about a year ago. I was looking for a good (as in GOOD interface) password protection application that also contained a Macintosh desktop application (and, ideally a PC one too...)

At the time, there wasn't any good ones. There was one called password wallet, but the price of both the desktop and palm application were quite high and the application was rather clunky.

I finally went with CryptInfo on the Palm only. It works great and I've found that I've been using it more and more. Unfortunately, as I use it more and more, I realize that I'd really like to have a desktop application.

So, I was wondering if anyone came across any newer Palm/Mac password applications.

Alternatively, does anyone use a palm-protection application and then just run a database (handbase, for instance) on it for passwords? Since the palm is secure, technically the database is too. I'm not sure how secure the database would be on the desktop, however.
    We're all naked if you turn us inside out.
    -David Byrne
    I use ThinkDB for mine, and I sync it with M$ Access. Both palm and PC databases are password protected.
    IYYAYAS

AMMO - Providing the enemy the opportunity to die for his country.
  3.    #3  
    Is password protecting the ThinkDB database that secure? I thought the advantage of password storage devices were that the data was actually encrypted.

Also, there is no such thing as Access for the Mac. Are there any stand-alone database apps for the Palm that have Mac conduit/desktop companions (with the exception of Filemaker...I hate filemaker)?
    -David Byrne
    Not sure about the encryption, but either way it's secure enough for me. Any info that I have that isn't secure enough this way doesn't get recorded anywhere, and is commited to memory.

As far as the databases for the Mac, I have no idea other than FileMaker, but you can export to spreadsheets as well.

Something that may really intrest you is Cloak . (It's was talked about in one of the COMDEX interviews.)
    IYYAYAS

AMMO - Providing the enemy the opportunity to die for his country.
    Check out/: http://www.web-confidential.com/
    I think it will do what you want.
  6.    #6  
    Hank:

It does what I want, but via a clunky interface on the Mac desktop...though not as bad as password wallet's.

I think I'm just going to break down and start learning RealBasic and C and make this myself some day...
    -David Byrne
    I use SplashID. It has both a palm interface and a PC/MAC interface. The developers are very helpful and willing to take request for future versions. So if there is a feature that you want that is not currently supported they will try to help you out if at all possible

http://www.splashdata.com/splashid/index.htm
    Brian
  8.    #8  
    Nechasin:

Thanks for the link. I finally got around to trying it out. I like it!

Nice price, too.
    -David Byrne
    Thanks, I have switched to SplashID. I like the way it syncs to the Mac desktop
  10.    #10  
    Well, I take it back. After playing with SplashID for a few weeks, I've found that I REALLY like the mac desktop app, however, the application has one fatal flaw...one I've encountered on a lot of password storage apps...it groups passwords by the TYPE of password as opposed to user-defined groups.

I typically group my passwords into groups like, personal, home, client1, client2, etc. Often, I will have a type of password in one group that won't even exist in any others (like a client's CBOS password for their DSL router) so it doesn't warrant the effort to make a whole CBOS password group.

Oh well...back to waiting patiently for another app to come along, I guess...
    -David Byrne
    Homer,

Before you totally give up, Did you try emailing Splashdata with your request? I have found that they are interested in improving their product and they have been very responsive to request that I have sent in.
    Brian