1.    #1  
    Has anyone attempted, and/or had any success with getting Palm OS 4.1 to work on the Visor? I understand there are certain Flash ROM issues.

Thanks,

RG
    Raymond Gilford
    rgylford@gyltech.com
    There are absolutely _no_ Flash ROM or PalmOS 4.x issues with any Visor product. This is simply because neither exists on any current Visor product.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  3.    #3  
    I want to make sure I understand what you are saying. Are you telling me I can purchase the PalmOS 4.1 CD and install it and it will work on my Visor?

RG
    Raymond Gilford
    rgylford@gyltech.com
    Originally posted by rgylford
    I want to make sure I understand what you are saying. Are you telling me I can purchase the PalmOS 4.1 CD and install it and it will work on my Visor?

RG
    He is telling you that the Visor does NOT have FlashROM so you are stuck with the OS as it currently exists.

That is why there are no issues.
    In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. JOHN 14:2
    Sorry, but that was a bit tongue-in-cheek. Quite the opposite. I'm telling you that no Visor currently has Flash ROM and hence can never have PalmOS 4.x. Since it can't have either, neither can be an issue for the device. OTOH, if you or an application you need needs the functionality in PalmOS 4.x, then you or that application may certainly have an issue with the Visor. If you bring it up with Handspring, though, they'll tell you that you don't need OS 4.x.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    There were some Platinums that were released with flash ROM (though it is not widely known). I guess you could flash them, but my guess would also be that you would lose your Springboard since there is no Springboard aware OS 4.1.
    IYYAYAS

AMMO - Providing the enemy the opportunity to die for his country.
    success with getting Palm OS 4.1 to work on the Visor
    Are you referring to the actual OS code that resides on the Visor itself or the latest version of the Palm Desktop 4.1 software?
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
  8.    #8  
    The actual OS that resides on the Visor.

RG
    Raymond Gilford
    rgylford@gyltech.com