1.    #1  
    Greetings,
    been enjoying my Centro for a few weeks now. I've noticed that if a call lasts long enough, say over 10min, the person on the other end can no longer hear me, but I can hear them just fine. Only remedy is to hang up and re-initiate call. This has happened about 6-8x in the past 3wks and only started after switching my Treo 650 for the Centro.

Is anyone else having this problem? Can anyone think of a reason what may be causing this? I didn't try contacting Tmobile yet, but they do not support the Centro.
    Interesting. I use the Centro on TMobile in New York and have the same issue. I've had the phone almost a year, and it only started a few months ago, so I was thinking it was a hardware issue, but now I see it may be a network issue. I'm not sure how to go forward with this, since TMobile does not support the Centro, or any Palm phones.
  3.    #3  
    Glad to hear it's not just me. I'm hoping the problem corrects itself on it's own, as I have no idea where to begin. Thumbing thru the phone preferences, there doesn't seem to be any network settings to adjust.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    It's been happening to my wife and I for a couple weeks (I have a Centro and she has a Treo 680).
    The other side cannot hear us for a second or 10. We can still here them. They can hear us again after that 1 to 10 seconds.
    I called T-Mobile and they sent out a team to "check my area". They found no problems.
    We have had the problem on many towers in the Seattle area (and greater Eastside, as far as Issaquah, if you know the area).
    They also recommended new SIM cards, which we got and may have made the problem a little less severe, but did not fix it.

The BAD news in all this is that if I use the several year old free Motorola phone we got, I have no trouble, so THEY want to blame my hardware, but it is clear to me that it is their network (both phones "broke" in the same way at the same time).

I will call them back tomorrow and try again. If they can't sort it out, I may have to move to AT&T, or at least try them.
    I've been having the same problem with my Centro on T-mobile, since some time in mid-August. My father uses a Treo 680 on T-mobile and has had the same problem for the past few weeks/months as well. People can't hear me, though I can hear them, for anywhere from a second to a few seconds. It can happen once every few minutes, to multiple times per minute during a phone call. We both generally use our phones in Tampa, FL and Clearwater, FL. I did notice, however, that when I drove north to Tallahassee, FL the problem disappeared soon after I left the Tampa area. When I drove back, as soon as I was near the Tampa area the problem returned.

I called T-mobile, a team was sent out to check my area, and apparently no problem was found. I don't know what to do, but I'll probably send T-mobile a link to this thread. If others are having the same problem, please post a reply including your location, phone model, and any other details you might think are relevant.

T-mobile seems to be giving us the perfect reason to switch to Sprint and get a new Pre!
    It seems that this problem is being discussed on the T-mobile forum as well.
    Also on the Palm forums.
  7.    #7  
    Thank you for linking those 2 threads. Looks like an issue with unlocked ATT based phones that have had a 1.15 software update.

Now I'm curious, Tigerdirect sells a "grey marketed" Centro from Europe (see 1st review from July) Palm Centro Unlocked GSM Smart Phone - 1.3 Megapixel Camera, Google Maps, Touch Screen Display, QWERTY Keyboard, Black at TigerDirect.com

If I bought one of these, what are the chances of having the same problem, since it's not an ATT phone?
    Unfortunately I don't think it has anything to do with whether the phone is an unlocked AT&T phone. The phone I use is a gray market Centro, and it has the problem. My father uses a Treo 680 purchased directly from Palm, and he experiences the same problem. Neither phone has ever been locked. I've never applied a ROM update to my Centro. The Treo 680 has had a ROM update (the official one from Palm). This really seems to be a T-mobile problem, since it suddenly started in August with no changes to the phones.
  9.    #9  
    Thanks carguy. I just posted the same question in the other thread.

This problem started for me right when I switched to a Centro a few weeks ago. I'm thinking if I should switch back to my 650 for a while to see if that phone exhibits the same issues. If not, perhaps I might buy a new 650.

Correct me if I'm wrong but it appears this is limited to 680's and Centro's?
    No problems here in Chicago with two Treo Pro's on T-Mobile.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

11.    #11  
    Is your Treo Pro Windows or Palm?
    I am on the west coast with two Centro on TMo, knock on wood not an issue yet. Using also a 650 and a WM 750.
    We've been having similar issues in the UK (independent PalmOS handsets, different SIMs/contracts, had worked fine for months before problem started).

http://discussion.treocentral.com/wo...680-o2-uk.html

The technical details towards the middle/end of the linked T-Mobile thread are interesting - I wonder whether we'll be able to reach a similar understanding with O2 (who are, incidentally, the Pre launch partner in the UK).
    Last edited by krpage; 11/06/2009 at 09:36 AM. Reason: Fixed link
    I have an unlocked Treo 650 (originally a Cingular phone) in Tacoma, WA and have the exact same problem. The phone worked fine for about 3/4 of a year, then mysteriously about September people started saying they couldn't hear me for a few seconds, although I could hear them perfectly. It seems to be more frequent with incoming calls than outgoing, but it's pretty much happening with every call. Very annoying indeed. I have made no changes to the phone during the transition from working fine to the dropouts, so my only assumption can be that is it a T-Mobile system problem. If their technicians are as inept as their customer service personnel, I wouldn't be surprised. Really it's a nuisance that I could live without, I'm on the verge of switching providers if they can't solve the problem.