Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I've been using 6.2.2 for a while now and like everyone else I've heard, I'm sick of it.
    I want to go back to 4.1.4 that I was using with my TX.

I plan to:
    1 - back up all the Palm Desktop sections
    2 - uninstall 6.2.2
    3 - install 4.1.4
    4 - import the backups
    5 - sync Centro - should I just do this with the Centro override instead of 4?

I have custom categories, is there away to back up these without having to re-enter them into the newly created user on 4.1.4? Is there anything I should do that I might be forgetting?

TIA.
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    Sorry to say but there's no way to pass your info from 6.2 to 4.1.4.
    It's not compatible...
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I'm sure people have done it but I just need to know how. I've gone forward to 6.2.2 from 4.1.4 so there must be some consistency.
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    Just "downgraded" today. Desktop 6.2 hotsync wouldn't update my Tungsten C's PIM databases. Here's what I did:

1) I first de-installed all Palm related software from the PC (Palm Desktop, 4Cast conduit, AvantGo conduit, BackupBuddy, etc.).
    2) Rebooted the PC.
    3) Used RegEdit to find and remove (skip if you're not confident w/ regedit).
    4) Reboot
    5) Download and install Palm Desktop 4.x
    6) HotSync - should copy all PIM info from Palm to PC.
    7) Install conduits & HotSync again.

I didn't lose any data, and now changes on the Palm are reflected on the PC.