1.    #1  
    Hello friends.

I finally got my Platinum online tonight . . . Now what?

Does anyone know of any way to access my Hotmail/MSN email account in real time? Eudora's mail server doesn't work, and I really do not look forward to playing hit or miss with a bunch of freeware email programs.

I have MSN as my ISP at home, by the way, so I should be able to download those messages, right?

Thanks, folks.
    ------------------------
    In addition, can someone recommend a web-based email that IS Eudora compliant? THX!
    Last edited by rmlane; 12/11/2001 at 12:45 AM.
    I'm not sure what you mean by 'real time'. If you mean a web browser, then I'm not sure which browsers support hotmail currently. Hotmail changes their security scheme so often it's hard to keep up

If you're interested in downloading to a PC client and then syncing, the http://pop3hot.com/ is the only solution I know of as it downloads to your inbox. I've haven't kept current on this topic so things may have changed.

As far as a Palm based hotmail client, I don't know of any. Most Palm email clients are pop3 and do not support hotmail.

Again, I'm ignorant to any changes that may have occured over the past several months.
    As best I can tell, Micro$oft has deliberately chosen to make it impossible. (Use Blazer or your desktop browser to go to:
    http://mobile.msn.com/pocketpc/help/help2.htm
    where it says only Pocket PC powered handhelds can access Hotmail.)

I can read Yahoo with a browser, so as soon as I finish the PBEM game I'm in, I'm going to ditch hotmail. Besides, I get tons of spam on that account.
    Last edited by PDAENVY; 12/11/2001 at 02:31 PM.
    Jeff
    Try www.gopherking.com
    It used to be free, and I had it set up as an AvantGo channel. Now that they charge, I don't use them, but it works.
    IYYAYAS

AMMO - Providing the enemy the opportunity to die for his country.