Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Finally a twitter app is being built for Palm OS! Anyone have any info on how soon an alpha/beta can be rolled out to the clan? I would love to be a tester if possible.
    It sounds good, but according to the article it uses small fonts (good for the TX). That could be problematic on a tiny Centro screen. I hope you can also use bigger fonts if you want to... even if less is visible on the screen and you need to scroll.
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
  3.    #3  
    I can see that being an issue with the centro. I would assume they can easily build in a larger/smaller font option in the preferences. I'm just stoked that there will finally be an app for this dino OS. Been waiting awhile for this!
    Oh, I'm stoked about it... MoTwit isn't doing well for me at all right now. I tried using it today and it was a no-go. Hope the new Ap does well. Also stoked that people are still interested in developing for Garnet/Palm OS5.
    "Everybody Palm!"

I wonder if it will work on a Clie NX70 though!
    MoTwit is f#$%^ useless, and m.twitter.com isn't much better.

If you have the Java files installed you can use Twim. I've been using it for months, very stable and just as feature-rich as the full site.
    Quote Originally Posted by fstopstigmata View Post
    MoTwit is f#$%^ useless, and m.twitter.com isn't much better.

If you have the Java files installed you can use Twim. I've been using it for months, very stable and just as feature-rich as the full site.
    I have Java installed, but whenever I try to download Twim with Opera, my T680 freezes...? Any suggestions, please?
    Yes. Download it with Blazer.
    Thanks.
    Okay, so I've read the main preview article and I'm very surprised that there's no mention of integrating 2twitme with the attention manager. If that were the case, I'd probably be much more interested in the app. But other than that, Twim still has a few more necessary options that aren't even mentioned in the article, like 'favoriting' and 'search' functions.. which should actually be MetaView's main focus at the moment, what's the point of a social networking app if there's no search function?? Not holding my breath..
    Okay, time to eat my words. Henk just invormed me (via Twitter, naturally) that the native Attention Manager is used for 2TwitMe notifications & that marking favorites will be available immediately! Tweet search & favorite search will both be added in the first public update . The first public release is scheduled to happen this weekend, I assume that means tomorrow!
  12.    #12  
    Ok the weekend is here.... anyone have a download link? i'm ready to try it out... :-)
    Here ya go, just posted!:

L\’Haut-Parleur » The final Twitter Client for Palm OS is arrived!

Twim is still by far the better app tho.
    Last edited by fstopstigmata; 09/12/2009 at 10:35 PM.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Just two questions before I consider buying:

What does the feature "link preview" entail?
    Does it support on the fly url shortening?

This app could make the wait for a GSM Palm Pre slightly more bareable.

Notification support is cool, but somehow it doesn't generate an alarm sound when it pops-up.
    Last edited by spud101; 09/14/2009 at 08:53 AM.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    I'm quite happy with 2TwitMe. The link preview allows for instance looking at TwitPic pictures inside 2TwitMe w/o having to actually oben Blazer. Quite nice.
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    I've got a question about it: Must I toggle the "poll" button to the on position after every reset? It doesn't appear to do so on its own....
    Well, I Dl'ed it and like I was afraid, the fonts are way too small for these old eyes on my Centro. I'm really glad they are still developing for Garnet/Palm OS, but until they fix the small fonts I can't justify buying it. I don't need so many tweets, only one or two per screen would be fine. I'd rather scroll and be able to read them than have more tweets and be unable to read it. I even tried a magnifying glass... no-go.

Fix the fonts and I'd definitely consider it.

For now, it's Twim for me.
    (Thanks for the heads-up on that, F-stop...!)
    Last edited by duanedude1; 09/17/2009 at 12:54 AM.
    "Everybody Palm!"

Quote Originally Posted by duanedude1 View Post
    Well, I Dl'ed it and like I was afraid, the fonts are way too small for these old eyes on my Centro. I'm really glad they are still developing for Garnet/Palm OS, but until they fix the small fonts I can't justify buying it. I don't need so many tweets, only one or two per screen would be fine. I'd rather scroll and be able to read them than have more tweets and be unable to read it. I even tried a magnifying glass... no-go.
    If you click on one tweet it displays in large font (as I'm sure you probably know)-- then use the up/down buttons to go to the prev/next tweets while staying in the same view. Hope that at least helps!

Fix the fonts and I'd definitely consider it.
    Post your suggestions & requests here, I know Henk checks there daily.

For now, it's Twim for me.
    (Thanks for the heads-up on that, F-stop...!)
    Yeah same here.
    & glad you like it, definitely a rock-solid app for running in Java on PalmOS. FYI, in Twim I couldn't get photos to upload to twitpic.com, but twitrpix.com works great!
    Re: Font Problem.

Oh, so now it is usable at least.
    What is the 'poll' button for?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast