1.    #1  
    I am trying to use my 755 to link to a bluetooth cordless phone. One problem I am having is that until I acknowledge the VM "alert" and press ok, my bluetooth will not connect on an out going call. Kind of annoying if I'm in the yard, miss the call, they leave a message and now I have to go in the house to my 755 and clear the alert ......... rather than just callback on the cordless .... or just use the cordless just to check the VM.

Is there a way to inhibit the VM "alert" because the phone really doesn't do anything until you hit OK?"
    Last edited by Spitfire11; 09/03/2009 at 07:15 PM.
    Are you talking about the pop-up window? If so, try going into Prefs and go to Sound and Alerts>Messaging>and un-check the Show Message Alerts box.

I keep mine un-checked and I never get a pop-up (and my wife has hers checked & I'm pretty sure I've seen a pop-up on hers a few times).
    So, are you just using LED notification and the Alarm "Bell" to show you that you have alerts?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by fstopstigmata View Post
    Are you talking about the pop-up window? If so, try going into Prefs and go to Sound and Alerts>Messaging>and un-check the Show Message Alerts box.

I keep mine un-checked and I never get a pop-up (and my wife has hers checked & I'm pretty sure I've seen a pop-up on hers a few times).
    Well, I tried, but that is for messaging. Technically this is for a VM and I seem to still get the pop-up. I have turned the VM sound off, but I cant seem to shut off the VM popup box. I have not done the lasted update, so let me know if its that.
    Thnk you for trying- I always assumed it was just for Messaging, but I started to wonder if it were more global after reading this... I guess I only see them on my wife's cause she never answers her phone :-P
  6.    #6  
    Can anyone confirm that with the latest palm os that this vk popup box stays the same. I'm going another route if it is. I'm guessing that in most cases the popup is not a "bad" thing so I can't see why it would have changed, but you never know.