Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I made a couple of calls earlier today and had no problem but about 3 hours later I could not turn on my phone. The red indicator light was on and constant. I took out the battery and put it back it and it did not boot up but the red light was still on. I have taken the battery out of 5 mins. and put it back and still nothing but the red light. I took the battery out and pluged in the phone with a sync/charger cable and there was no boot just the red light. Any ideas what to do next?
    Think it might of gotten damp in the bottom connectors somehow? That can cause some strange behavior.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I do not think it got wet but I left the battery out over night and when I put it in this morning it appears to be working. Though now it seems to not like my SIMM card. The SIMM card works in my 680 but not in my Centro. At least I know it is not my Centro.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    it happened to me, and thats because wet and heat .. but after a day or day it well work again but dont carry it and let it dry and turned off .
    i used to carry my centro into my front jeans pocket
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    It could have been the heat...it was unusually hot yesterday. Gonna use my 680 until I get to an AT&T store and can get a new SIMM card. Strange that it works in my 680 and not my Centro.
    Quote Originally Posted by amjz View Post
    it happened to me, and thats because wet and heat .. but after a day or day it well work again but dont carry it and let it dry and turned off .
    i used to carry my centro into my front jeans pocket

-- I have the same problem.. should I remove the battery and let it rest for a while?
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ashikmurshed View Post
    -- I have the same problem.. should I remove the battery and let it rest for a while?
    remove the battery from your palm centro and leave your centro on airy place with no battery cover on for at least 4 days.

then insert your centro into power charger with no battery inserted, after that insert battery while charger plugged in, then sqeeze on battery and insert remove the charger repeatedly for couples of times untill your centro powers up.
    My phone did something similar. It evidently "died" but would not charge back up.
    Keep in mind, this was a brand new centro. They tried changing out the battery, but again didn't work.
    Luckily I got to get a new one. Stinks having to redownload everything though.
    Quote Originally Posted by sherilikewhoa View Post
    My phone did something similar. It evidently "died" but would not charge back up.
    Keep in mind, this was a brand new centro. They tried changing out the battery, but again didn't work.
    Luckily I got to get a new one. Stinks having to redownload everything though.
    Use a free backup program like NVBackup and you'll never have to redownload everything ever again. Get a new phone, insert card, hit 'restore' and you will pick up right where your last backup left off ;-)