1.    #1  
    Greets all -- tried to search the forums but came up empty -- feel free to direct me if I've missed the threads. This seems obvious, so I'm a little sheepish. Gracious guidance is much appreciated

I would like to be able to edit and maintain a single text file both from my Palm Centro (prefer in internal memory, not on a card), and on my Desktop (Windows XP). My immediate desire is to seamlessly maintain a conversation log, whether I am at my desktop, or away from my desk (using my palm). Other applications are many, including writing, todo-list, etc.

I've been simply using "memo's" for this, as I can edit the same memo on my desktop ("Notes" in outlook), and on my palm ("memo"). Problems with this:
    1) The "notes" editor in outlook is clunky and awkward, and has no search
    2) The "memo" length is restricted to 32k

So I think my "ideal" would be to find a combination of 3 things that will work together:
    1) A palm text editor (preferably that stores in plain ascii text format on internal memory) with "search" capabilities.
    2) A synchronization conduit to keep the file current between my PC and my Palm, (whether with true text-merging, or a simple latest-wins approach).
    3) A Desktop editor, that can edit whatever file format the Palm editor creates.

Does anyone out there edit and maintain a single large text file using both their palm and their desktop? Any wisdom is welcome...

--williapo
    Nothing will store in plain ASCII text in a Palm's internal memory; only .prc and .pdb files (both Palm-specific formats) can go there. You could use Documents to Go, which syncs between Palm and PC, though.
    "Yeah, he can talk. It's gettin' him to shut up that's the trick!"
    -Shrek
    I was going to suggest Documents to Go. What you're requesting is exactly what it does -- it syncs a Word or Excel document between the desktop computer and the phone.
    Time is money, and life is change.