Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Anyone have advice on what is a good Role playing game? Something would decent graphics and good game play is ideal. I'm not a big gamer so I have no idea of what good role playing games are out there.

Thanks in advance
    Go to Palmgear and look into the following:
    Dragon Bane - Dragon Bane II coming out shortly
    Kyle's Quest - Kyle's Quest II out today (Hopefully) - Very highly recommended
    Solskia - still in beta
    Lordinium
    Quest of the Hero - Kinda like Might & Magic
    Pocket Dimension
    Knight Move - kinda like monopoly
    Shadowthief - unfinished, the develepor recently picked this one back up - highly recommended
    Aldon's Crossing - still in beta, but looks like it has promise

That should get you started
  3.    #3  
    Man,
    You give new meaning to the phrase, "Ask and you shall receive". I must have left that message less then 15 minutes ago. I hadn't even signed off of visor central yet. Thanks for the list though.
    I just signed on - trying to check if Kyle's Quest II was available yet and to wish my dad a happy birthday, good timing, I guess.
    I know your question has been answered already but may I recommend Kyle's Quest. Great game. True, I haven't played it in a while (too addicted to Bejeweled and now it seems Car) but it is still pretty good. Kyle's Quest II is due out very soon as dampeoples has pointed out so vividly so that maybe my next addiction

Jason
    Did you just go near a burning hot river of lava or are you just happy to see me?
    Originally posted by volcanopele
    I know your question has been answered already but may I recommend Kyle's Quest. Great game. True, I haven't played it in a while (too addicted to Bejeweled and now it seems Car) but it is still pretty good. Kyle's Quest II is due out very soon as dampeoples has pointed out so vividly so that maybe my next addiction

Jason
    I will not discuss my next addiction
  7.    #7  
    I know your question has been answered.....
    I always welcome everyone's input.

as for dampeoples....
    I will not discuss my next addiction
    ........... Well I'm not gonna touch that
    Great Success always comes at the Risk of Great Failure.
    I see you suggested Lordinium as a rpg to look into. Has anyone tried it out. It looks interesting and seems like it has a more realistic theme.
    I looked into Lordinium, but have never played it. The attraction to me was the realism this game seemed to have. Looking at the developers website, this was stressed in development. The developer states that a color version probably won't be released, so I passed for now, but I may be swayed.
  10.    #10  
    Has anyone played Ancient Red. The screen shots on palmgear look pretty damn good. This software is somewhat expensive though. Anybody have opinions on this game?
    It's all your fault! *giggle* I saw this thread, downloaded Dragon's Bane, and now I'm hooked! Just registered it (it's 12:06am, so I suspect I'll get my reg code later today).

Having a Neo, I'm going go through tons of batteries! *laugh*

Dana
    Originally posted by In Living Color
    Has anyone played Ancient Red. The screen shots on palmgear look pretty damn good. This software is somewhat expensive though. Anybody have opinions on this game?
    There is a review at http://www.the-gadgeteer.com/ancientred-review.html

They said it has lots of eye candy, but you must read the manual. Very complicated and tedious in parts.
    Originally posted by DanaWheels
    It's all your fault! *giggle* I saw this thread, downloaded Dragon's Bane, and now I'm hooked! Just registered it (it's 12:06am, so I suspect I'll get my reg code later today).

Having a Neo, I'm going go through tons of batteries! *laugh*

Dana
    You get Dragon Bane II or the first one? The new one came out Dec 4th, I think, gotta get home to my cradle to check it out, though.
    Originally posted by dampeoples

You get Dragon Bane II or the first one? The new one came out Dec 4th, I think, gotta get home to my cradle to check it out, though.
    The first one (Dragon Bane). I'm thoughly hooked! And they did send me the reg code late yesterday, so I was up for several hours playing it... *grin* My batteries aren't going to last long if I keep this up. I'll probably put Dragon Bane II on my Christmas List!

Hey, does anyone know of a place that has a Wish List for Palm Software like Amazon.com does so I can send friends/family there for software I want?

Dana
    Have you triend Ancient Red? http://www.ancientred.com/main.htm

It is kind of Diablo like and a lot of fun.

<URL removed by Moderator>
    So, are you gonna tell us which one you got In Living Color??????
  17.    #17  
    Well dampeoples,
    Before I posted this thread, I had never played a RPG on my PDA. So I have been trying out the demos of the games that you have listed. Your "extensive" list gave me a lot to work with, I haven't tried all of them yet, but I'm getting around to it.

I want to thank everyone for posting rpg games here. THANKS A LOT!!!

Right now one that has seem to have stuck with me is Quest of the Hero, I'm still playing that one. But I see no need to register it as it seems pretty easy to complete. I do like it though, it's simple to play.
    A couple of the other games were not so easy....Solskia for example. I couldn't even get out of the first town. After I give all of them a try I will put my opinions here. Ancient Red has great graphics, but it is huge and not that easy to play as far as I am concerned. I haven't given Dragon's Bane and Kyles Quest a try yet, these seem to be the people's favorites so I decided to save them for last.

Thanks everyone. it would be kinda cool if we all downloaded the Map editor software for Quest of the Hero from palmgear and made maps for each other to play. Ya know, to keep things interesting.

Maybe that should be a new thread.
    In Living Color,

The reason that you couldn't get out of the town in Solskia is probably because it was a demo version. If I remember correctly, that is what they limit the demo too.
    The developer for Quest of the Hero is working on part 2, I read in an email from him. Solskia finally made it out of Beta, wish I got it while it was discounted, oh well, I've still got KQ2 and Serious Sam for now (If I ever get back home to my sync cradle!)
    dampeoples,

You said that you have Kyle's Quest 2.

Did you buy it?
    Is it the final release version?
    What do you think of it?

I am very disappointed that they do not have a demo of the game available. How am I supposed to know if I want to buy the game if I can't try it.

For those not familar with the game, you can read more about the game at: http://www.crimsonfire.com/

There is also a discussion of it at: http://kickme.to/palmman
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast