1.    #1  
    I have an at&t Centro using VersaMail 4.0.1. Up until yesterday I was able to receive eMail on my phone from my Windows Mail account. I can send from my phone but can't receive. I have changed NO setting on my phone or my computer. It just stopped working. I know there are other eMail apps out there but I just want my VersaMail to work. When I test the setting, I get this error message: "Error connecting to server. Please check your network or server settings and re-sync." Please Help.

Note: With the direction Palm is going with new phones, PalmPre & PalmEos (Pixie) and Web OS, it might just be time to get an iPhone.
    Florida Tony
    GSM: Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Centro > iPhone 3G S
    Sprint Centro Versamail 4.01.00

Send and receive working fine for both SBCGlobal account and MSN email account. I know that isn't much help but Versamail isn't the problem. If you can send ok using the SMTP server of you email then there must be an incoming setting screwed up or the server is down?
    Time to go for the Chattermail....
    Quote Originally Posted by ajayacharya_250 View Post
    Time to go for the Chattermail....

Too late. Its not available anymore. Also, the OPs problem is a server configuration issue. Nothing to do with the choice of email client.
  5.    #5  
    Not sure what caused it. Soft reset didn't fix so I removed the battery to reset. That fixed it. I've done that TOO MANY TIMES to fix problems. NO MORE.
    eMail problem fixed... I switched to the iPhone. eMail and other apps works great.

I know this is hard to believe because I didn't believe it for a LONG time but there is a better phone out there that works much better than a Palm phone... it's called the iPhone. I am a long time user of Palm phones, Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Centro. Palm lost me as a customer because they don't listen to their loyal customers. They are to SLOW to react. I stayed with them because I didn't know any different. I won't switch back.
    Last edited by floridatony; 08/26/2009 at 08:28 AM.
    Florida Tony
    Quote Originally Posted by floridatony View Post
    I know this is hard to believe because I didn't believe it for a LONG time but there is a better phone out there that works much better than a Palm phone... it's called the iPhone. I am a long time user of Palm phones, Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Centro. Palm lost me as a customer because they don't listen to their loyal customers. They are to SLOW to react. I stayed with them because I didn't know any different. I won't switch back.
    Good luck with your new smartphone. Personally, I hate the email client on the iPhone (and the lack of a keyboard) but I am using a better email client than Versamail on my PalmOS device.

I also don't think much of the PIM apps on the iPhone.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    Good luck with your new smartphone. Personally, I hate the email client on the iPhone (and the lack of a keyboard) but I am using a better email client than Versamail on my PalmOS device.

I also don't think much of the PIM apps on the iPhone.
    It was a big change. Like I said I've had Palm phones for a long time. Even before that I had Palm devises. And your right about the keyboard. That was the biggest learning curve. Once you get used to it it's not that bad. Other than that I'm happy with the phone.
    Florida Tony