View Poll Results: What do you think is the best Launcher ? If yours isn't listed below please post it.

Voters
118. You may not vote on this poll
  • SilverScreen

17 14.41%
  • HandScape

0 0%
  • Launch Em

11 9.32%
  • Launcher III

58 49.15%
  • Launch Pad

0 0%
  • MegaLauncher

12 10.17%
  • File Point

0 0%
  • GoBar

2 1.69%
  • I do not use an app launcher

12 10.17%
  • Launcher X

6 5.08%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Ok,
    It's me again with another best of the best question . What do you think is the best App Launcher for Palm OS? I realize that there are a bunch out there and that's why I didn't even bother with trying to put all of them in the Poll. Personally I like SilverScreen, even though every time I remove my memplug and reinsert it; I have to re-categorize my apps. The other one I tried I think was called MegaLaucher. MegaLauncher was cool cause it allowed me to beam from external memory.

So what's everyone's favorite Launcher?
    I use Launcher III to manage all of my applications. However, for my most often used apps, I use a hack called LaunchMenu.

I like LaunchMenu because it doesn't leave the current application to choose the next application: it pops up on top of whichever app your running. It's fast and free and it's simple to use once set up.
    LIII is the only launcher that I know of that doesn't refresh every damn time you come to it--speeding it up a lot--especially if you're using external memory.

As for alternates to launchers, I use McPhling.. very nice.
    GoBAR/with Powerrun ..

works perfect for me..nice desktop color picker, nice previous apps tab, nice little "stat" bar set up..i love it...I tried all the others and this one seems to be the nicest looking and seems to run fine on my prism thats clocked at 52mhz....the other launchers seemed to crash when i had them overclocked
    [ trust ]
    [ DYSfunction8.com ]
    I really like Launcher III. This program allows you to hide programs, hide tabs, preform functions on programs like beaming, deleting, or getting information on it just by sliding the icon to the appropriate gadget, and you can keep track of your memory level right on the launcher interface in addition to a battery indicator. Finally it allows you to launch DOC files right from the launcher. That not even beginning to mention all the things it does with external memory. For example you can launch programs on the card. I use this for programs that I may want to use regardless of what PiDirect directory I am using at the time.

Jason
    Did you just go near a burning hot river of lava or are you just happy to see me?
    Originally posted by dietrichbohn
    LIII is the only launcher that I know of that doesn't refresh every damn time you come to it--speeding it up a lot--especially if you're using external memory.

As for alternates to launchers, I use McPhling.. very nice.
    I am in complete agreement. LauncherIII and McPhling.
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
    Originally posted by ****-richardson

I am in complete agreement. LauncherIII and McPhling.
    Add my vote for this combination as well.

I used to use Launch 'Em with satisfaction, but it has no VFS support, and the software updates are few and far between.

Launcher III, combined with VFSHelper and my FlashPlus, are a treat. Yeah, I know PowerRUN and others give you even more control over running apps off of the external memory card -- but Launcher III is so simple and easy to use, you never have to think about it. GREAT program.
    Jeff Meyer

"And he died like he lived: with his mouth wide open."
    This is such a super launcher; I couldn't use half the apps on my memplug without it. It's the best one I've found for storing stuff on the card and in conjunction with PiDirect, allows me to have almost 100megs of my 128 meg card filled.
    Defianatly have to give Launcher III a try...MegaLauncher is realy starting to annoy me seeing all the programs on my CF Media keep on shifting back to Unfiled b/c of the freaky refresh.
    Don't Worry It's Human Nature To Point Out The Obvious
    I've tried quite a few and always go back to Launcher III. Price isn't an issue, either. I've never had one that I thought was better but liked the price of Launcher III better.

Some were too slow. Some had annoying little quirks. Some didn't have a method of always starting on a certain tab, etc.

It's hard to believe that the best is free.
    Originally posted by Rolando
    Not any more. As of version 3.0 it is now shareware. But at $9.95, that is very affordable for what you get.
  12.    #12  
    Not any more. As of version 3.0 it is now shareware. But at $9.95, that is very affordable for what you get.
    Hey guys after all of your divine knowledge. Have decided to go with Launcher III. I haven't used it before but you have pursuaded me. Guess I'll be saying good bye to silver screen. At Least until they come out with springboard support. They confirmed in an email that they are working on it. One Question, Is there a way I can get one version of Launcher III older then 3.0. You know one of the freeware versions?

Thanks
    Great Success always comes at the Risk of Great Failure.
    Ok, I was a hardcore SilverScreen user, but since so many of you use Launcher III I thought I should give it a try. I do have a question. I have a m505 and I wanted to know if Launcher III would work ok from flash? That is where I keep Silverscreen. Thanks for the help.
    Here's a link from Freewarepalm.net

http://freewarepalm.net/utilities/launcheriii.shtml

Looks to be version 2.2.
    Wow, it must be some astrological/astronomical phenomenon - MemPlug and FlashAdapter users agreeing on something
    Originally posted by Anomaly
    Wow, it must be some astrological/astronomical phenomenon - MemPlug and FlashAdapter users agreeing on something
    No, I think that would be an Anomaly of some sort!
  17.    #17  
    Here's a link from Freewarepalm.net
    Thanks for the link, Rolando
    Great Success always comes at the Risk of Great Failure.
    For the hi-res Clies, my vote just changed to the new version of MegaLauncher. It now supports hi-res mode and can get more icons and more categories on screen at once. The top and bottom command bars are still the normal size.

If it is stable over the next couple of days, it is the current champion.
    Facer!

It's pretty new. There are still a couple of little things they're working out but the best feature of it is that it gives you

* datebook appointments
    * todo list items
    * 5 launchable items
    * a recently used list (just in case you're in a bit of a different grove)

It also has a tab kind of launch style available too. I never use it, but I'm sure someone must.

The other cool thing is themes. I know SilverScreen has a bunch too - but to me those are really just different versions of the standard app launcer.

That's my 2 cents.

Peace!
    Phillip
    Originally posted by bweinberg
    I do have a question. I have a m505 and I wanted to know if Launcher III would work ok from flash?
    Yes it does!
    I'm using JackFlash and moved Launcher III to flash.

I didn't noticed any difference in performance.

The best launcher around!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast