1.    #1  
    I love CSpotRun for my e-book reading.

**** all my E-book docs come up in wordsmith.

How can i delete them off wordsmith without deleting them from my PDA?

Its a simple question and i dont have the time to experiment, I have a Test tonight and need to study my booty off.

Thanks for you help eveyone.

GO COLOR EDGE!!!!!
    Hey baby before we start do you mind if we use my M505?
    No not for that!!!!!!!!!!
    Use it to reffer to PalmaSutra, silly???????
    If they're true PalmOS DOC format files, they should show up in both cSpotRun and WordSmith. As far as I know, delete the file from either app will delete it from the handheld.

The safe way to ensure they stay in DOC format and don't get edited by WordSmith is to set the properties of the file in WordSmith to Read-only.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
  3.    #3  
    They do show up in both app's.

I just dont want them in my wordsmith app.
    I hate opening up wordsmith and having to look at all these file that i dont use just to find 2 file i will.

oh i do know i can put them in a different catagory **** in the "all" they wil still be there.

thanks "MarkBirdGuy" for your info.
    Hey baby before we start do you mind if we use my M505?
    No not for that!!!!!!!!!!
    Use it to reffer to PalmaSutra, silly???????
    Originally posted by culo77
    They do show up in both app's.

I just dont want them in my wordsmith app.
    I hate opening up wordsmith and having to look at all these file that i dont use just to find 2 file i will.

oh i do know i can put them in a different catagory **** in the "all" they wil still be there.

thanks "MarkBirdGuy" for your info.
    There is no way to remove them unless you want to remove them from the handheld. Wordsmith is not only meant to be a word processor but also a document reader so it supports DOC files as well. Since CSpotRun reads only DOC files and not a proprietary format as well, you can't just convert them.

Jason
    Did you just go near a burning hot river of lava or are you just happy to see me?
    Just mark the offending DOC file as "Archived" with WS's Details/Rename command, then in the list view choose "Hide/Show Archived", and prestochango, you won't see the DOC marked "Archived" if you don't want to!
    xxx,
    Jenny
    or just put them all in the same category and then don't view that category in wordsmith. that's what i do.

mc
    Originally posted by JennyKitten
    Just mark the offending DOC file as "Archived" with WS's Details/Rename command, then in the list view choose "Hide/Show Archived", and prestochango, you won't see the DOC marked "Archived" if you don't want to!
    Wow. I forgot about that, Yes, this is probably the best way to do what you want to do.

Jason
    Did you just go near a burning hot river of lava or are you just happy to see me?
    i have another wordsmith question:

i have a bunch of docs that i wrote in wordsmith that i no longer want on my visor. but i want to keep the files on my pc. is there an easy way to:

1. delete a bunch of files from wordsmith (my visor) at once?

2. ensure that the files are archived on the pc and will not hotsynch back to the visor, but still allow my other docs to hotsynch fine?

thanks,

mc
    Originally posted by mensachicken
    1. delete a bunch of files from wordsmith (my visor) at once?
    In the list view, tap the little "w" on the lefthand side, tap delete.
    2. ensure that the files are archived on the pc and will not hotsynch back to the visor, but still allow my other docs to hotsynch fine?
    Sync before you delete. WS automatically makes sure that your files are NEVER deleted off the desktop.