1.    #1  
    I just got an Alltel 700p. I am trying to get it to work on my verizon service. Verizon already got pissy and told me they cant use that phone on their network.

I have been searching high and low for instructions or ideas on how to make this happen. I love treos and I just want to be able to use the one I have on my service!

Is there a Verizon Rom I can put on this puppy to make it talk to my network? any help will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by ironlungstudios View Post
    I just got an Alltel 700p. I am trying to get it to work on my verizon service. Verizon already got pissy and told me they cant use that phone on their network.

I have been searching high and low for instructions or ideas on how to make this happen. I love treos and I just want to be able to use the one I have on my service!

Is there a Verizon Rom I can put on this puppy to make it talk to my network? any help will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
    There are Verizon ROMs if you do a google search, but the next problem is getting Verizon to accept it even after a ROM flash. I think the last Treo Verizon had was the 700wx.

Good luck to you!
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

3.    #3  
    I have googled verizon ROMs and I havent found anything. Anyone know where to find one?
  4.    #4  
    bump. Please, any direction?
    Quote Originally Posted by ironlungstudios View Post
    I have googled verizon ROMs and I havent found anything. Anyone know where to find one?
    They are out there, in fact there are places that you can send your CDMA phone to have it flashed to any CDMA carrier.

Like this: Flash Cell phone to Cricket, Metro PCS, Sprint, Verizon, Alltel

This is one of the reasons why I prefer an unlocked GSM phones. CDMA phones are basically locked to each carrier.

This guy has his Pre working on Verizon. It not 100% functional, but he got it to work and if you read through the thread, it wasn't easy: http://discussion.treocentral.com/we...g-verizon.html
    Last edited by palandri; 08/12/2009 at 11:49 PM.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's