1.    #1  
    We have 4 centros in our family, 2 with sprint and 2 with verizon. Only one is using the battery up very rapidly with minimal use. (one of the VZ ones). We replaced it with a new one centro, and tried new batteries.....same result. It must be a software setting? Any ideas? Her IR and BT are off. Thanks in advance for helping!
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Do you have any apps on the fast draining Centro that are not on the other three Centros? If so, that might be what is causing the drain. If not, wow, new phone and batteries and still draining. That just leaves the operator of the phone as the lone, distinquishing feature. They must be tweeting all the time.
  3.    #3  
    same apps. no tweeting. Any other ideas? Thanks for trying!
    Maybe it's stuck in roam-only mode?
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Here's a thread discussing phones staying connected to the web even after closing a web application, thus drawing power. Maybe it will help.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/palm-os-multimedia/192033-battery-drain-after-using-kinoma.html
    Not sure if it will help, but have you tried resetting the phone?

I never have problems with palm os stability, but I have problems with my phone doing all sorts of strange things from calls not going through, to loosing signal not moving etc, my moms centro finally froze up too, she was afraid she was going to have to take it somewhere till I told her to pop the battery and reset it, and I haven't heard a complaint since.

I know mine dies quick from just using the phone, I can go all day with 95% battery power, and get a 3 minute call knocking me down to the 80s it seems to steady out later on.

You might also swap the battery into a different phone. to see it you might have a defective battery.
    I had a similar problem on my centro recently and discovered that Palmarysoft Wireless Clock was the culprit. I took it off and replaced it with another clock (Belltime) and everything went back to normal. I had turned off autoupdates and everything I could think of.
    If you can't solve the problem then you might try backing up your centro and then deleting 3rd party apps one at a time to see if any cause a change. Even if they are all on each phone it is possible the settings of one phone reacts differently
    Global Posts
    187 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rhlb View Post
    I had a similar problem on my centro recently and discovered that Palmarysoft Wireless Clock was the culprit. I took it off and replaced it with another clock (Belltime) and everything went back to normal. I had turned off autoupdates and everything I could think of.
    If you can't solve the problem then you might try backing up your centro and then deleting 3rd party apps one at a time to see if any cause a change. Even if they are all on each phone it is possible the settings of one phone reacts differently
    I just had this same issue the past two days where my battery was draining in 1/3 of the normal time. Uninstalling Wireless Clock solved the problem for me as well. I guess I will have to look into Belltime now. Thanks for the tip!