Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Wife has it on Blackberry Storm and it rocks!
    Not an app, but people have paired it with a TomTom or a GPS Puck with good results.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fstopstigmata View Post
    Not an app, but people have paired it with a TomTom or a GPS Puck with good results.
    IC. SO the hardware (phone itself) does not have GPS?

How about http://store.centronauts.com/centro-gps-navigation.htm
    Right, no GPS in the device. The link you gave is other devices you can use along with your device to get GPS, like I mentioned before.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    I use Garmin's Mobile XT for PalmOS. Maps and program are on an SDHC chip which must be installed each time. I also use a Palm branded GPS puck. It is kind of a pain having to insert the SDHC chip each time you want to use it but once it is working it is great.

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=138&pID=11413
    Last edited by DRKayak; 08/07/2009 at 03:08 PM. Reason: Add link
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DRKayak View Post
    I use Garmin's Mobile XT for PalmOS. Maps and program are on an SDHC chip which must be installed each time. I also use a Palm branded GPS puck. It is kind of a pain having to insert the SDHC chip each time you want to use it but once it is working it is great.

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=138&pID=11413
    I need both the Garmin and a puck? Brand of puck?
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    The Garmin is just the program on a micro SD chip. Here is what's in the box from Garmin:

microSD data card preloaded with:
    City Navigator® NT street maps and
    Garmin Mobile XT navigation software
    miniSD and SD adapters
    Quick start manuals

Palm.com sells the entire package, GPS Puck and the above software with car stand, charging cords, etc. for $159.99
    I don't have a Centro, but can't you just use Google Maps? I think the feature is called locator or something like that and works thru triangulation from cell towers.

Or my imagination may be working overtime---
    Yes, Google Maps for the Centro has My Location, but like you said, it uses tower triangulation. I think the OP wants live turn-by-turn nav.
    Yeah, turn-by-turn is very good. I'm always looking for the frugal solution.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmHead View Post
    Yeah, turn-by-turn is very good. I'm always looking for the frugal solution.
    Is the Garmin the best solution?
    Quote Originally Posted by DRKayak View Post
    It is kind of a pain having to insert the SDHC chip each time you want to use it but once it is working it is great.
    I copied the Garmin software to my own 4GB card and use that in my Centro without having to switch every time I want to use the GPS.

Complete step-by-step instructions are listed here.
    "I copied the Garmin software to my own 4GB card and use that in my Centro without having to switch every time I want to use the GPS."

I got a Garmin 265 for Christmas (I peeked unintentionally - that's my story & I'm sticking to it!). Do you know if this solution will work withis GPS?