1.    #1  
    Would I have a problem if I were to rename a file in windows before I installed it onto the Visor? I just bought a program, and I have another program on my Visor that's the same name. Thanks,
    Sterling
    I don't think the filename (on the desktop) is necessarily the app's name within the handheld. Everything in the PalmOS is predicated on the CreatorID, meaning 2 PRC files can have the same name as long as the ID's are different.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
  3.    #3  
    Good - I like both these programs, I'd hate to have to pop in my spare 8MB module just to play one of them. Thanks, Mark.
    Originally posted by dampeoples
    Would I have a problem if I were to rename a file in windows before I installed it onto the Visor? I just bought a program, and I have another program on my Visor that's the same name. Thanks,

Sterling
    The "windows" filename means nothing. The name that the database will get when you hotsync it to your Visor is stored inside the database itself. In fact, if you open the .prc file with a text editor, the first string of characters in the file (up to 32 bytes) is the name the database will get on the Visor.

If that name conflicts with something that's already there, it may cause a problem. Some apps (and launchers) search for databases based on creator and type, others go based on name. As I recall, the "standard" launcher will only show one icon for any given name (it decides which one to use by looking at the database's version number).
    <ul><li>Dave Kessler<br>President - Kopsis, Inc.</li></ul>
  5.    #5  
    I appreciate all the info, I emailed the programmer and he states that this problem had been fixed in the new version.
    Sterling