1.    #1  
    My Treo 680 was giving me a problem so I was advised by my service provider to do a hard reset, erase everything and see if the problem goes away. The problem is still there but I am now having problem with restoring from my Palm Desktop. Here is what I did:

1. Performed HotSync and backed up everything to Palm Desktop on my PC under user name User1.
    2. Did a Hard Reset and erased everything.
    3. Used the Phone for a week.
    4. Created another user on HotSync Manager named User2.
    5. Did another Hotsync to User2. (I did this to save my one week's history hoping that I can somehow add it to my phone after restoring the previous backup).
    6. Now tried HotSync using User1 but it will always hotsync with User2. I have deleted User2 from Hotsync Manager and tried using User1 but it keeps creating another User2 account.
    7. Tried various tactics like renaming User1 to User2 and vice versa but I can't get it to restore my original history.

Can someone please help me restore my Treo from the original backup.

Thanks in advance for any help.....

Subhash.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Why not just move the contents of the User2 data to a temporary folder, and then copy the contents of User1 to the User2 folder. Then HotSync as User2, but with User1's data.