1.    #1  
    ...no longer available anywhere but Sprint and direct from palm.com in the US.

Verizon and ATT no longer carry the Centro...only Sprint. The Pre is only at Sprint. The Pro is only at Sprint. Of course you can buy unlocked GSM for the Pro and Centro as well.

This is sad. I really like Palm devices.

-Dan
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I agree Dan, I love my Centro!! Verizon had them on the website 2 for 10$ for awhile. I called the week after, they had none. I called the week after that, they had 14, so I got my "spare."
    I was excited about the Pre, but after reading lots, I think I'll stay with my centro as long as possible.
    I guess I was thinking/hoping the Pre would be the Centro with even more fun stuff...but from what I'm reading some of my favorite little things about Centro aren't on Pre...
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    wireless.amazon.com still has Centros for AT&T and Verizon. Like loribug26, I too am holding on to my Centro as the Pre just hasn't got the apps I need yet. I hope they come, but for now, the Centro gets the job done for serious contact and calendar management with all the project and other business software available for PalmOS.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Can you folks list what is "missing" in the Pre please? I know Verizon gets it in a few months and I assumed that's why o more Centro's available.
  5.    #5  
    My point is not just about the Centro. Palm (PalmOS, Winmo, or WebOS) is not a vendor choice anywhere but Sprint anymore. It's really sad that your only option is Sprint or closeout if lucky or ridiculously expensive unlocked GSM direct.

I use a Centro daily and have a 750 as well...I just like their devices. I'd be willing to give the Pre a fair shake, but not as long as it requires Sprint.

-Dan
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hotkey View Post
    Can you folks list what is "missing" in the Pre please? I know Verizon gets it in a few months and I assumed that's why o more Centro's available.
    Spreadsheets and Word Documents you can sync with a desktop. Project Management Apps that sync with your calendar, address book, and todo list. Business centered apps that can move from desktop to palmtop with a hotsync.

Mostly serious business apps are what is missing for me, but I hope they will eventually come to the Pre. Until then, I am sticking with the Centro and its thousands of available Apps. And I am sticking with the Verizon Network for its awesome coverage (at least in SE Texas where I live and work.)