1.    #1  
    I need to synch from phone to desktop don't want to mess up. What will happen when I connect the cord? Can someone give me any instructions and/or tips

If it goes the wrong way I'm in big trouble. Slightly learning disabled and confused. Thank you
    When you attach the cable to your 755p, then the cable to your computer, nothing happens. When you push the button on the cable, that's when things happen. If you don't push the button, your phone's battery will charge from the computer.

I'm running a Mac (OS X 10.5.7), and what I see/do might not be what you see/do. Tell me what computer and system you have.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by L.R.Cote View Post
    When you attach the cable to your 755p, then the cable to your computer, nothing happens. When you push the button on the cable, that's when things happen. If you don't push the button, your phone's battery will charge from the computer.

I'm running a Mac (OS X 10.5.7), and what I see/do might not be what you see/do. Tell me what computer and system you have.
    Windows XP
    So after I push the button what do i do to make sure it goes from phone to XP and not other way-thanks Dorothy
    Go to your hotsync manager (found in the tray) and for each application (eg contacts) (configure) specify you want Handheld overwrites Desktop. You might check the box to make that the default setting until you are happy with the results.

Do that BEFORE you push the button.

B B
    Sorry - I've been on vacation.
    And after you've backed up your phone to your desktop, make sure you revise your preferences from "Handheld overwrites Desktop" to "Synchronize". The conduit will look at what's on the Handheld and what's on your Desktop and make sure they match. I have all my settings set to "Synchronize", except backup (set at "Backup") and Install ("Install).
    Good Luck!