1.    #1  
    Hello,

I went yesterday to the local Verizon store and inquired about a Centro form my daughter. The rep refused to even quote it for me. He said that `Centro is bad' because they had customers with internet bills > $1000.

Has anyone heard of such issues?

(This morning I could not find the Centro on the Verizon store anymore).

Thanks,

Mirko
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Sales Representative bunk! But something is up with Verizon and the Centro. I can't get a quote on the Centro at the Verizon Wireless website. I did find the new Amazon Wireless webstore offering the Centro via Verizon contract for $0.01
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirko Vukovic View Post
    Hello,

I went yesterday to the local Verizon store and inquired about a Centro form my daughter. The rep refused to even quote it for me. He said that `Centro is bad' because they had customers with internet bills > $1000.

Has anyone heard of such issues?

(This morning I could not find the Centro on the Verizon store anymore).

Thanks,

Mirko
    On some forum I read about a kid doing 5000 text messages at 0.20 a piece. I can't remember if it was Verizon or not.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

I've heard of such issues, but I don't see how they have anything to do with a particular phone. If you get a phone that's pretty good for text or email and then don't get a plan that allows for the amount of usage the phone will have, then the mobile carriers will certainly stick it to you on pay as you go fees. But again, that has no specific tie-in to the Centro.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    My guess is that they didn't get the data package, and were charged per kilobyte. Verizon has discontinued the Centro, which doesn' t make me very happy at all...