1.    #1  
    I need a simple (and free) text to pdb file converter so that I can convert some short lists to pdb format and access them in CSpotRun. I used to have one a few months ago, but I wiped my hard drive clean for Windows XP and can't remember what the name of the program was.

Thanks.
    You can also do this online at:

http://pilot.screwdriver.net/

I love this site!
    Jeff
  3.    #4  
    The program I was trying to remember was DocReader, which is available at www.palmgear.com and numerous other places. Its a straight forward text to prc converter...great for lists and documents that don't require alot of formatting.

One of my most frequently used little databse files is a simple list of stations for our cable system. Comes in handy with my OmniRemote. I even make a point of downloading the cable stations in the cities I visit. Killer app!
    Hi,
    there is shareware program - PalmDocs (http://www.thinkchile.com/alorca/pDocs/download.htm). In unregistered version it allows to convert windows *.doc files into *.pdb after you click 5 times on the screen telling you to register. Actually I always have problems running it on my PC - when trying to use I get some error message. But, from this messages I've learnt that easiest way to convert is to use command "makedoc.exe -c0 source.txt destination.pdb Session_name" which converts source.txt into destination.pdb. So now I save *.doc files as *.txt and then convert them and save as *.pdb. I created simple batch file and use it to create PDB from TXT. In fact I don't know if it works without PalmDocs application is installed..... never tried.
    Hope it helps.
    Is there a to/from .txt <-> .pdb converter that will run on the treo? I'd rather convert on the treo itself than to wait for when I am at a desktop. Sometimes I want to read a text file using tibr or the like. Other times I'd like to emaila doc to someone who can't read .pdb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keefer Lucas
    I need a simple (and free) text to pdb file converter so that I can convert some short lists to pdb format and access them in CSpotRun. I used to have one a few months ago, but I wiped my hard drive clean for Windows XP and can't remember what the name of the program was.

Thanks.

Fyi there are varisou freeware utilities like Word Doc convertor etc. Also if you download the freeware word processor Abiword, it has pluggins that allow saving as palmdocs etc...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by CojonesDeToro
    Is there a to/from .txt <-> .pdb converter that will run on the treo? I'd rather convert on the treo itself than to wait for when I am at a desktop. Sometimes I want to read a text file using tibr or the like. Other times I'd like to emaila doc to someone who can't read .pdb.
    Have you tried using DTG itself? I know you can open word docs etc and save as pdocs right on the Treo. I wonder if this is also possible with txt. Then there are other options like SiEd and etc...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Also check out the free MakeBook utility on the PalmDigitalMedia web site

http://www.palmdigitalmedia.com/dropbook

I've used this to create books with TOC, hyperlinks, etc. It uses its own markup language which is also documented on the website.

Edited to add: sorry, I guess this is intended to be used specifically with eReader (formerly Palm Reader)

Cheers,
    ChickenHawk
    I recently found that tealdoc does the bidirectional .txt<-->.pdb conversion on the treo itself very nicely. It takes a little bit of time for large-ish documents but that's a small price to pay for the desktop independence.